M44 Carbine

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Burrhead

M44 Carbine

Post by Burrhead »

I have shot my M44 only once and at 100 yards, needless to report I didn't even hit the paper. Well I went to the range Friday and when ?I got there the rifle range was full up so I went to the hand gun range and shot my 357 Mag, 1911 and my Ruger Black Hawk 45 Colt. While I was there I thought what the heck I'd shoot that M44 at 25 yards and see if I could determine why I wasn't hitting the paper at 100 yards (I back my targets at 100 Yards with a 2ft by 2ft piece of card board for my first groups with a new rifle. The M44 was just on the left side of the paper and low at 25 yards. So I had to drift the hell out of the front sift but I got her centered up and move rear sight up till I was about an inch high. The rifle range never cleared up before I left. So we will see what we did later. Interesting thing is with the bayonet out or in the rifle only changed about 2 inches at 25 yards.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: M44 Carbine

Post by Darryl »

Only changed 2" at 25 yards? That is a lot if you take that out to 50 or 100 yards.

Now that you are in the ball park, you need to get out there again! I'd try at the 50 first. Good job!

Dolk
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

50 Yards isn't an option at my range it's 25 or 100 yards. So we will try 100 yards next time. I think I'll try this with my hex receive red 91/30 as I can't get that sucker on the paper at 100 either.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Long as it's on paper then you are doing fine, these rifles were never made to be precision hole punchers anyway :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sometimes you get lucky though and get a great shooter. I don't think they're bad at all. A little of josh's work and they will kill them paper soldiers 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

JYD you are absolutely correct, if I can get her on the paper and shooting into a group I'll be a happy camper.