Took Some Pics. ....Gallery Is Gone?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
WeldonHunter

Took Some Pics. ....Gallery Is Gone?

Post by WeldonHunter »

I just took a few pics. of some of the collection and went to put them in the gallery but it seems to be empty. There doesn't seem to be a way to put anything in it either. I did have a picture of my Garand in there and was going to add the M44, VZ-24 and M45 SKS. Is the gallery just down for some reason or do we have to have an account with an offsight photo storage site like photobucket to post pics. now?
etprescottazusa91

Re: Took Some Pics. ....Gallery Is Gone?

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I could never post anything in the gallery either, always received a strange error message, so I gave up trying to post there.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Well I have an old PhotoBucket account but haven't used it for about 7 years. I just dug out the old password book and tried to sign on and it won't let me. I know it's still active because I searched the username and it shows the pictures I have in the account. I clicked the reset password, a bit to quickly maybe and I think it has me locked out now. I have an email in to them so I may be able to get the old account back. There's some pictures in there I'd love to have, especially the only picture of me riding a skateboard and I was doing a handstand. If all else fails I'll start a new account.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dolk will be on later, or Kenny, they are the Tech guys who are adjusting things, this is a new forum formed from an older one, some things will need adjusting here and there.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Gallery was a real problem. It has so many error it would toss out, plus some photos were even lost.

The straw that broke the camels back was, I'm trying to update the forum software to keep up with the new stuff, and Gallery (which is a MOD (monification program) would not let me do it without bringing the entire board down. I have a "test board" I try everything on first, and have destroyed it several times because of Gallery.

I'm afraid it might be a thing of the past (if I can get it entirely off). You can't see it, but it's still there.

We might consider opening up a "storage forum" where basically you can store on, but I think things like photo bucket might be a better answer, we'll mull it over some and take suggestions.

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth to keep it, photobucket is a free gallery anyone can use, and we don't have to maintain it .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I've built 2 computers from scratch. I designed them and built them from the processor up, all new but I really am not familiar with this kind of thing enough to help much. I don't mind using an offsite photo storage place but trust them being on here more then there.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Well, I'll work on it a little more later, but I'm not that impressed with that MOD.

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Store your pics on a simple thumb drive, they are tiny, hold a huge amount these days, and are not expensive. I store everything on them.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Even your bacon cheese burgers?
:P
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No :lol: but I do store the pics of them that way.
Theodore Roosevelt