Okie gauges

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jeremyb

Okie gauges

Post by jeremyb »

Well looks like tomorrow, I'm getting another Mosin. Thought it was about time to get some okie gauges. I got the full set. Looks like they are easy to use. Now if I do have a head space proublem -- how is that adjusted?

:thumbsup:

jb
Celt

Re: Okie gauges

Post by Celt »

A new bolt head.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Ole celt is short but right on the (Head). Change bolt heads till one makes it good. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

Hey! I'm five six and one half! :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

thats easy enough. I can even do that. :thumbsup:
jb
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have faith.... :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's for such adjustments that I acquired some extra bolt heads, swap them until the rifle passes.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:It's for such adjustments that I acquired some extra bolt heads, swap them until the rifle passes.
How often do they not pass?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

In my collection it was one in fifteen, and yes, they were all refurbs ( the failures) All were fixed with bolt head swaps, I think it was six or seven rifles.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
hieny

Post by hieny »

Alright!!!! Only 14 more to go!!! :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
Ruger LC9 (personal CCW)
1942 and 1943 Винтовка Мосина M91/30's.
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:In my collection it was one in fifteen, and yes, they were all refurbs ( the failures) All were fixed with bolt head swaps, I think it was six or seven rifles.
Thanks...
Eljay

Post by Eljay »

That's interesting - I don't think I've seen anybody throw out a # before. I've only had the pleasure of checking seven of them and they've all passed so far. It's well worth it though, just takes a few seconds after cleaning and before putting it into the safe, and it sounds like it's basically 50/50 as to if I'd have one fail.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

JYD has a tad more then 30 mosins i would wager. I think that percentage is lower but why tempt fate?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have more than I need and fewer than I want.
Theodore Roosevelt