Got my first in Jan and something happened

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
BuckeyeSgt

Got my first in Jan and something happened

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
SA1911a1

Re: Got my first in Jan and something happened

Post by SA1911a1 »

Yea, I know, the same thing happened to me. Has your wife left yet? :D

Beat the rush and build a bigger rack. You are gonna need it.

Welcome!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

It's in the works. Made it so I could add two boards to the outsides of this one and make it into a double. :D
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Welcome Buckeye. That's what we like to see, The Gun of the Month Club, plus a few.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is as nice collection and nice racks as well. Give us some close-ups and details, we need something to drool on.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

It's called Mosinitis.

I hate to say it, but if that is since Jan, I think you may be terminal! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only chance you have is to pull each one down one at a time and photograph it and post it here in the forums. You might get "some" relief! :lol: :lol: (I know we will!)

Dolk
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Had a few more but sold them for better examples.
SA1911a1 wrote:That is as nice collection and nice racks as well. Give us some close-ups and details, we need something to drool on.
I figured that would be coming. I will throw them out there slowly.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Well how bout starting with that m91. That's the one I want to see next! As for the wife leaving: I'm betting you are a single man.

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

She is still here. Lesson learned though, don't come home with 4 at one time. :D She is actually a pretty good sport about it and thinks they are cool.

I will get some better pics than what I have right now on the M91. But as a teaser it's a 1940 Tikka built on a 1900 Tula, AZF and Czech S*4, and ПК marks.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:She is still here. Lesson learned though, don't come home with 4 at one time. :D She is actually a pretty good sport about it and thinks they are cool.

I will get some better pics than what I have right now on the M91. But as a teaser it's a 1940 Tikka built on a 1900 Tula, AZF and Czech S*4, and ПК marks.
If you just keep them stacked in the corner you can slip one in the pile, every now and then, without her noticing. One day she will forget the count, then you can display them nicely. (just trying to help :D )
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Since my wife thinks they all look alike I just bring one in and lean it against the wall. She just thinks it's one of my regulars. She recently asked me "is that a new rifle"? I told her "what? That old thing? Why I'd hate to tell you how long I've had that old relic" Then I tell her now how bout a kiss, and if she kisses me I know I'm gonna be alright! YOW

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tell me about it, I was a US milsurp collector for the most part, and had retired from collecting when this forum started showing me pics of all the new imports post 2000, enter a C&R FFL, and then I went f$%#$@& crazy for three years. I was buying them five at a time, they started to pile up everywhere, until I dam near collapsed the floor. Of course I am not married, the only was such insanity can go on uninterrupted by the major expense of divorce forcing the sale of a collection. It all started with "just one" the first Mosin purchased from Aim in 2007 using the C&R was a 1943 Izhevsk M91/30, as typical a refurb as they come ( until six months later when I realized the blurry spot on the receiver was a lightly struck DDR triangle 1 stamp) I figured that would do, but then I saw a 1942, and a 1944, and then a 1941, and after that a 1938 Tula.........I was collecting them year by year, for each arsenal, insanity, ramen diets, selling shit on eBay for more gun money, hitting every show, lurking on Gunbroker into the wee hours of the night. It's a disease, and for me it ain't over yet.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Looks like a good start to a promising collection Buckeye!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
bunkysdad wrote:Since my wife thinks they all look alike I just bring one in and lean it against the wall. She just thinks it's one of my regulars. She recently asked me "is that a new rifle"? I told her "what? That old thing? Why I'd hate to tell you how long I've had that old relic" Then I tell her now how bout a kiss, and if she kisses me I know I'm gonna be alright! YOW

I think she's on to you... Unless you such a good kisser that all thoughts of that gun leaves her head afterwords. :bwink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

One must try anyway :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

desdem12 wrote:One must try anyway :D
One must always try. Success is rather limited in my experience. :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

We are gonna see soon enough if my plan still works. I just won a auction for my first m91 Finn!