Fathers weekend shoot

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
desdem12

Fathers weekend shoot

Post by desdem12 »

Went out with the boys and 1 girl to the local war zone range for a quicky. Took a Mas 36
K31
M95
M91/59
Also present was a saiga 308 and a turk mauser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Fathers weekend shoot

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That looks like you pulled over on the side of the road and started shooting :lol: If I did that around here I might get to be famous, get my picture in the papers, maybe even on TV :lol: :chuckles:
Looks like you all had fun :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
nmcqueen469

Post by nmcqueen469 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:That looks like you pulled over on the side of the road and started shooting :lol: If I did that around here I might get to be famous, get my picture in the papers, maybe even on TV :lol: :chuckles:
Looks like you all had fun :)
My thoughts exactly lol!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The police response time would be under two minutes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
CalFed

Post by CalFed »

Excellent way to spend Father's Day, IMO
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

This is just further up the road from where we usually shoot. They plowed a ditch along both sides of the road to deter people from pulling in there and dumping crapola everywhere. As far as i know they don't care if you shoot there and we have been doing it for years. If they do care we were a lot further then anybody else so we could get a running start. :thumbsup: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Roadside range... Looks like fun! :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
tincansailor

Post by tincansailor »

:D Now thats the kind of range I like :thumbsup: :popgun:
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 1970-1973
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

It looked like a road to me, too :lol:
What were you shooting at, targets or plinking at cans and such?
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Looks like you could practice going "over the top" bayonets fixed, officers whistle blasting, just hire someone to toss lit M80 fireworks at you :)
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

WE were shooting clays. I will put up a picture of it as soon as the other comp warms up. It will be hard to see though. The wide spot on that road where we are paked is a barracaded road so no one was up there. :D
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

There ya go. In the winter this place looks way different.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That would be a bad time to rattle along on that road in my Model T :)
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Is just a maitenence road to thos wind mills in the backgraound. It has a big cable lock on it so there is no one around there. If it was unlocked we wouldn't have stopped there. It is a pretty nice secluded place and is like 5 minutes out of town and you can get there by freeway. Has its own exit too. :thumbsup:
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Clays, cool. I need to get some reactive targets other than Shoot N C's.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Wake up, old thread! Speaking of old, who's the old white hair in the red shirt? :P
Man, it's been 25 years since progress overtook all my free country shooting spots. There is literally no place to go that I know of that isn't private or posted no shooting land. That place looks perfect for shooting milsurps.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I had to make the boy take that picture so I would remember I was there :lol: This is a perfect place to shoot. So of course they closed it down and started issueing tickets for doing it. We are still in search of a replacement place. The pictured place was about 5 mins out of town and had tons of places for shooting with no problems. If I had the money I would have turned it into a range. Convenient as hell. The rifle range is about 23 miles from me now. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by desdem12 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Oh and also you can see the French in action there. The boys loved it. I liked the m95 at this particular shooting episode. The 91/59 was a close second though and probly broke the most clays. (had more bullets for it) :biggrin:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

bunkysdad wrote:Wake up, old thread! Speaking of old, who's the old white hair in the red shirt? :P
Man, it's been 25 years since progress overtook all my free country shooting spots. There is literally no place to go that I know of that isn't private or posted no shooting land. That place looks perfect for shooting milsurps.

Yep... I remember shooting roadside as a kid with my Dad & Uncles. Not too many places for that now.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

I'm not seeing any hearing protection there Des..
Or maybe my eyes are old too..
:geek: :?
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi