chinese type 53 mosin nagant from j&g sales

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ty88

chinese type 53 mosin nagant from j&g sales

Post by ty88 »

just orderd one just seeing if anybody on here has ordered one and how the condition was.thanks
SA1911a1

Re: chinese type 53 mosin nagant from j&g sales

Post by SA1911a1 »

ty88 wrote:just orderd one just seeing if anybody on here has ordered one and how the condition was.thanks
You will probably get a heavily used stock, non-matching numbers and a shootable to good bore. I bought 4 late last year, three were nice guns, one was not. Mine came from Omega, but I have not seen much overall difference in them and the others that are being sold now. (except the prices)

Most of the folks who have bought one in the past few months seem to be satisfied that they got their money's worth. I have dealt with J&G several times and I always got what was advertised or better. I think they are good folks.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ty88

Post by ty88 »

thanks for the reply
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Imagine it's been dropped off a building, blown up, and run over by a tank. That way when you get it nothing will surprise you except if it's a good rifle :) Look forward to the pic's
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ty88

Post by ty88 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Imagine it's been dropped off a building, blown up, and run over by a tank. That way when you get it nothing will surprise you except if it's a good rifle :) Look forward to the pic's
lol i hope it aint that bad ill post pics when i get it
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Can't wait to see it. Been wanting to order one for a bit now.
Formerly kyle514

History admires the wise, but elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris
sjsevier

Post by sjsevier »

:thumbsup:
ty88

Post by ty88 »

ya me either i was hoping someone had some pics of them on here their aint a whole lot of stuff or reviews on them
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Your wish is my command.

Here are some fairly typical T-53s. I bought six in the past year. As you can see, the stocks are not real beauties, and the metal on one is not pretty, but they are all good shooters, and the triggers and bolts work as well as the Polish rifles. These four, and the one I gave my son, have good bores and are good shooters. The other one I bought in the past year was a smooth bore and was not shootable. (the bullets tumbled right out of the muzzle)

The one with the decent looking stock was an old Navy Arms import, odd because of no serial on the magazine or the butt-plate.
The one with no bluing left is a "Shi" marked 1953 rifle, and is not import marked. The Shi indicates it was one of the trials rifles when China was entering the T-53 market. The other two are probably more typical of the ones being sold now. Most of them have some Izhevsk marked parts, especially bolt parts.

The bottom line, as far as I am concerned, is these rifles are as good as the Russian guns; they have not been refurbed, so they dont have smooth, pretty stocks and new bluing, but for all practical purposes there is little difference in the two. The Chinese did not refurb these rifles, because they were obsolete when they came off the production line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ty88

Post by ty88 »

nice pics thanks for sharing
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

While the Russian guns were sitting in a nice layer of cosmoline tucked away, the Chinese carbines went to war.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Many of them saw use in Vietnam with Victor Charles against US troops, some were captured and brought to the states.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ty88

Post by ty88 »

just pick the type 53 up Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.usImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice Even graffiti on it. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

Battle rifle! Can't beat it. :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
ty88

Post by ty88 »

its got some wounds but its growing on me lol