Trying the new Forum with the M1891/59

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
MoSEEN.Nut

Trying the new Forum with the M1891/59

Post by MoSEEN.Nut »

Yea! This forum is back or at least new. I read it a lot but haven't made a post in ages. I guess my old registration went bye bye. Re-registered and really like the look and feel of the new forum. I assume Dolk is the administrator now. Almost never miss reading a Dolk post and drool at the hardware he has.

Now try and post an image. This, if it works, will be my 1938 Tula, early CAI import (on underside of barrel), all matching (forced). I made a post on another forum some time back as I noticed there wasn't much, actually very little, on the 59's. I don't know if that's because nobody cares or they are that scarce.

Now to post this and see if it works. Sorry for experiment post but you have to start someplace, besides the email says I only have three days to get one in!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Trying the new Forum with the M1891/59

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Until Ter finds his way here the M91/59 is not around in large numbers. There are some, I have four, but have only reposted one so far. Welcome to the forum, and nice looking '59, they are the best shooting carbines to be had 8-) 8-) 8-)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

MoSEEN.Nut,

Welcome home!

All the Admins from the old site (plus one) are here and running the show. JYD is "The Boss" on the forums. He has the most experience. ;)

Very nice rifle. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) I need to get a m91/59. That and a m91/38. :D

Dolk
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The 91/59 you have is a very nice example. I know I'll eventually find one to keep my lonely m44 company. Thanks for posting and very nice picture taking skills!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Welcome!!

No, we love the 91/59 around here. If I had to have only one Mosin it would be my Sanitized 91/59. I had 6, sold 4 (I have no idea why) & still have my 2 favorites.

Glad to see you back, yes Dolk is the Grand Poomba around here now & the place is looking great if you ask me.

Sit back, enjoy & hope to see you around. 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice 91/59, I have yet to get one but it is in the near future.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet 59 :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
jp8

Post by jp8 »

Nice looking 91/59. I have one with laminated stock and it is my best looking and best shooter of my Mosin's.
Congrats and welcome.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Very nice example of a 91/59 :D I only have one, I got when I bid on two rifles and won them both :big shock: Still both remain, untested :roll: but one day I will get them to the range :biggrin: