New Ruger 10/22 in stainless

Rim Fire Firearms
angelsfanbp

New Ruger 10/22 in stainless

Post by angelsfanbp »

I just picked up a Ruger 10/22 in stainless. What are the "must have" accessories for these? I'm seeing a lot of aftermarket stuff for these.....any must have internals? I will post pics tomorrow.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
http://www.RifleGuru.com How To Videos
1937 Izhevsk M91/30 Round
1939 Tula M91/30 Ex Sniper
pacanis

Re: New Ruger 10/22 in stainless

Post by pacanis »

I've got the 10/22 carbine. The only must have that I needed was a sight I could see. I put a Williams peep and front sight on it. The bead is a little large for target shooting past 50 yds, but it works just fine for plinking closer. I've got a 25 rnd mag for it, too. Fun, reliable little gun.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I bought a blued model about 20 years back, all I did to it was mount a scope and pick up an extended magazine that I never use.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
angelsfanbp

Post by angelsfanbp »

ruger.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
http://www.RifleGuru.com How To Videos
1937 Izhevsk M91/30 Round
1939 Tula M91/30 Ex Sniper
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

22lr shopping spree! Nice!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Stainless, that's a really nice 10/22. The factory ten rounders are the most durable and reliable mags, keeps the profile of the rifle down also. Really nice 10/22 posted
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Is the aluminium receiver stainless plated? If so have a care about putting any scratches or nicks in it. I had a Mossberg 590 with a stainless plated receiver, every tiny scratch caused the chrome to bubble around it.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Perfect choice in a .22 rifle... One of the best overall on the market IMHO. I have 2... One is all original & the other has an over/under scope setup. Scope rings are elevated so I can still use the open sights... Great setup. :vcool:
etprescottazusa91 wrote:Stainless, that's a really nice 10/22. The factory ten rounders are the most durable and reliable mags, keeps the profile of the rifle down also. Really nice 10/22 posted
True... But Ruger now makes a 25 round banana mag that is just as reliable. Not bad in price either. The factory trigger is a weak point on the 10/22... Very gritty & stiff. A new one would be a good consideration & since yours is new it already has the extended mag release. If your satisfied with the trigger your pretty much good to go. :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Nice looking rifle! 22's are so much fun and cheap on ammo

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The receivers are painted, and the barrel is a bead blasted matt finish stainless steel. Do you have the fiber optic sights? If so all you may need is a trainload of ammo. Mine shoots the Winchester 333 and 555 just fine. They are the same ammo, just the number of rounds in the carton. Actually mine shoots everything just fine, including CCI Stingers. Did you know that the Stingers have a slightly longer case than a 22lr? About 1/8" longer I think to accomodate more powder. You might not notice because they have a slightly smaller weight bullet so the overall length is about the same.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I have a extended mag release and sear kit on mine. (as well as a replacement barrel and stock) Check out RIMFIRE.COM for a lot of great ideas
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

newmosinfan

Post by newmosinfan »

Have the BX-25 mag. did the bolt release mod myself and have a center point red/green dot sight fun plinker
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The BX-25 is a real nice mag. Ruger sure took their sweet time producing them.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Sweet looking .22 What is a good trigger? I really don't feel like spending $200 to upgrade the trigger.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I bought a trigger kit off gunbroker and did it myself, under 20 bucks. It isn't just an easy job to do and if I was to do it again I would take it to a gunsmith to install. I also changed the sights to Tech Sights, 70 bucks. I love them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Detour Rd.

Post by Detour Rd. »

Rongo wrote:Perfect choice in a .22 rifle... One of the best overall on the market IMHO. I have 2... One is all original & the other has an over/under scope setup. Scope rings are elevated so I can still use the open sights... Great setup. :vcool:
etprescottazusa91 wrote:Stainless, that's a really nice 10/22. The factory ten rounders are the most durable and reliable mags, keeps the profile of the rifle down also. Really nice 10/22 posted
True... But Ruger now makes a 25 round banana mag that is just as reliable. Not bad in price either. The factory trigger is a weak point on the 10/22... Very gritty & stiff. A new one would be a good consideration & since yours is new it already has the extended mag release. If your satisfied with the trigger your pretty much good to go. :thumbsup:
order the Timney Trigger for it. Drops right in.
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

:thumbsup:

Every one should have at least one in there safe.
:pointdown: the one in the middle I love mine and I take it to the range most every time

Detour Rd.

Post by Detour Rd. »

hell, its a great little rifle. Even girls can shoot it :D