M21 SKS bring home no makers mark no import

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Mantis

M21 SKS bring home no makers mark no import

Post by Mantis »

100_4328.JPG
100_4356.JPG
100_4327.JPG
100_4336.JPG
SKS M21 bring home taken by my 1st sgt outside of DaNang in 65 I think. I bought it off his widow 4 5 years ago. for 400 450 about what it is worth today.
Speaks for itself. It's still the way it was taken blood on the sling and all.
The stock is beat to hell everything else is fine, the bore is crispy bright and the rifling still is sharp. The scope is long gone. It was a distance thing and the rifle was good to about 400 yds. I can't see as far as it can shoot. My grandson hits @ 200 yds all day with iron sights. Young eyes
I know the story behind it, the papers were long ago lost. She asked me to keep it to myself and I will respect that. I know it it is written and put with the rifle.
I can shoot it off hand with the iron sights 150m which I think is a battle setting, if it ain't it's close enough for me.
The papers were long ago lost, but top carried that rifle around for years and years. He had absolutely no reason to lie. None wasn't in his nature. You could look at him and see "Yep, that NVA dude had a bad day."
He looked like that 1st sgt in WE WERE SOLDIERS. That is one of the only times I cry (SO???? Ever notify a wife?) Friggin form letter.) When the guy comes to notify the first widow. That's one of the many things that sucks about war, the families that are destroyed. I pitied that taxi driver, that Western Union msgr. That had to be the second shi**iest job during that war.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Baptized by fire
My work must not be done
Cause I'm still here, baby
Only the good die young
(Jeff Williams)
Celt

Re: M21 SKS bring home no makers mark no import

Post by Celt »

Very nice.thank you for sh :D aring that.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Best example of an SKS style rifle I have ever seen, thanks for posting.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

that is the first of the M21 SKS Carbines that was found They were found in Vietnam and did not really show up anywhere else till the last imports from China had some late made up ones The Vietnam era ones are highly collectible and the late ones are also good for collecting. They of course were part of the early attempt to hide where they were made from China. A really nice find I have been looking for one for my collection for a long time
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Mantis

Post by Mantis »

Thanks, gentlemen. It wasn't found, I knew where it was the whole time. I liked his wife and kids so I parted with the money, would have rather seen him one more time. 4 450 made no difference I wanted it and want is a terrible thing.
I was friends with my 1st sgt, as an E2 3 4 that was a big thing to me. I went to his house for parties. In the rear I would imbibe a bit and he would let me slide.
He would walk in the orderly room, I would be sweeping something to keep me busy, I hated the rear. BORING. "sweep sweep" ""Keepin busy there, smoke you lunch again?" :mrgreen: He and I were under constant stress I could do my job, he stayed off my back. I've been out since 84 and until 1995 something... my wife said "Do you know when the phone rings you actually fly straight up it looks like you are still lying down in the air. Your feet hit the floor and you are in the bathroom." I hated that friggin phone waking me up, nothing good came of it. At least in the 80s.
When we were in the rear I would do all the guard rosters CQ. I once detailed an E7 to get a group of men two clean the Motor Pool on Artillery row. He refused "An E3 can't tell me what to do." I wasn't telling him sh*t. I spoke it may has well been 'top spoke'. Man, I remember that E7s name the tune up he got I will never forget. Top lit me up 1st for not getting someone on it, I told him I did man that E7 caught hell. Top could make you feel like something that he would step on when he was in a mood.
Hell, I even signed a leave once. PAC got uppity, it was an emergency, but I caught hell. "You cannot be signing leaves, you are an E3!!" Give a 20 year old that much power, sh*ts bound to happen.
Thanks it was nice to remember good stuff. The crappy stuff is always lurking.
Baptized by fire
My work must not be done
Cause I'm still here, baby
Only the good die young
(Jeff Williams)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Wow. This is an amazing story, an amazing carbine, an amazing friend I'm sure. This is a very good heart felt post and I feel better just for reading it. Poetic justice. Thanks Mantis
sjsevier

Post by sjsevier »

Very awsome gun. :mrgreen: