Who's selling Mosins Cheap???

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
angelsfanbp

Post by angelsfanbp »

Who has the best deal (if any) on M91/30s right now?
“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” Thomas Jefferson
http://www.RifleGuru.com How To Videos
1937 Izhevsk M91/30 Round
1939 Tula M91/30 Ex Sniper
desdem12

Re: Who's selling Mosins Cheap???

Post by desdem12 »

Try weldonhunters sight. I think it is gundeals.com. I think he has it pretty much upto date. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

With all the Mosins Weldonhunters bought, you could just go direct!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

My FFL has a nice one for $109.00 complete package. I 'think' its a '42 Izhevsk. Has some nice marks on the stock, very good overall condition. I just dont need it......the price however is very good connsidering.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My first Mosin was free, my second was $40, that's cheap, otherwise I would think Aim would be a good bet. You might also score a good deal buying one off another collector on Gunbroker.com, or at a gunshow.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Mountain Man

Post by Mountain Man »

I just ordered another one from J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ. They are arsenal refinished and are $109 including shipping. Have not received it yet, so I report on the kind and condition. That is the best total price I have found. There is also an outlet called Buds Gun Shop that has them too at about the same price. I chose J&G because I have always been satisfied with what I have bought from them.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Try our "Maybe new advertiser" Liberty Tree Collectors. $90 for a M91/30
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... Category=2

Tell them Dolk sent you!

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was just there checking the prices and availability $90 these days is pretty good
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

just picked up another 91/30 at the LGS last night. Very sharp 43 Tula Ex-snper all matching with accessories for $119. North of $100 is becoming normal...
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

Gun Show this Sunday at fair grounds in Delmar ,california. i am going,maybe i can find more clips?
Camping is cheaper than therapy. San Diego,ca. usa
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

dolk wrote:Try our "Maybe new advertiser" Liberty Tree Collectors. $90 for a M91/30
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... Category=2

Tell them Dolk sent you!

Dolk
Well how about that. I had to call CL and welcome him aboard. What a nice guy, great to do business with and it's so great to have him onboard. I first found him last year when I needed some magazines for my M69 Romainian Trainer. He was the only one that had them at the time and it turns out had the best price on them to this day. I had his M91/30s listed on gun-deals but he's sold out at the moment. He told me he's getting some more in so keep an eye on the site. Until then you can look here and find a few places selling them. http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype ... 4&subcat=5 Pickins are a bit slim at the moment.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Liberty Tree has some nice rifles on their site and their prices aren't bad.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I was just on Buds and the price on their Mosins went up $10, they are now $119.

Kyle
Formerly kyle514

History admires the wise, but elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris
bimmey

Post by bimmey »

If you are in New Hampshire, The Barn Store in Salisbury has some nice ones for $99.
Don't shoot that antique rifle! You could put an eye out!!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

J&G has them for 89 but i did not check to see if they had them in stock. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

I saw a Fleet Farm ad a few weeks ago, 91/30's for $89. Not this week, though. Check their web ad pages weekly.
Ratgeyser

Post by Ratgeyser »

I've had fantastic luck with local (non-franchise) Sporting Goods stores. If you don't mind spending $100 in gas to get to Orem, UT, Gunnies has about 20 of them out on a rack for visual inspection. They're all flat priced at $99 for round receiver, $149 for hex. Each day I've been in they've had 2 or 3 hex receivers and about a 90%/10% split of Izhevsk/Tula. Being from CO will be a complication; I'd call ahead to find out if it's a little one (like maybe you just need a C&R license) or a big one (like maybe C&R doesn't cut it and you'll need them to ship it to your local FFL). Shipping and FFL fees would basically negate the price discount but I would still be sorely tempted if I were buying one sight unseen. The two days I've checked, every single rifle they had out was in absolutely gorgeous condition with factory-matched serials--even matching bayonet serials.

I checked about 8 pawn shops in Provo and Orem about a month ago. Every single one had a couple, either out on display or in the back going through serial number check with the police, etc. They were consistently $119-$129 and of random quality, but I did see a hex receiver for $129 (which I let go because my Mosinitis hadn't fully flared up yet). I won't be pursuing this as a long-term Mosin-acquisition strategy because I don't like to window shop and I don't like to haggle. If you enjoy these activities, however, pawn shops are a gold mine.

Failing that, mail order is the way to go. Definitely avoid the big-chain sporting goods stores unless there's a sale. Cabelas wants $149 for all their Mosins whether they're round, hex, or sight-unseen still in the box. They tend to be decent quality, but it still feels like a 50% price markup and a 10% quality discount after coming from Gunnies.
--dave

To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult. --Plutarch
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Fifty bucks more just for a Hex? Up considerably from '07 when it was ten bucks I think, if anything at all.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Fifty bucks more just for a Hex? Up considerably from '07 when it was ten bucks I think, if anything at all.
Same here. I went up to Arkansas a few weeks ago (about 25 miles from me) to a gun and pawn shop. It's different than my FFL pawn shop. These guys sell ammo, have a long rack of guns behind the counter and one right next to the door. It actually looks like a gunshop/sporting goods store. The old time shops I mean. They state on the business card they sell military surplus so I asked if they have/get any mil-surps in. Answer was no. Then I asked about Mosins and the guy pointed to the rack by the door. One M91/30 Hex from Century Arms. $129. I don't remember the specifics about it but it was a rough looking rifle from what I remember. I couldn't stay to look around because I had frozen food in the truck. I'll head back up soon and check out some of the other shops.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Buy the guns before the frozen food next time Mike. :thumbsup: :lol: