early sks price check

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
dou44

early sks price check

Post by dou44 »

i found and early norinco code 26 in the 8 million range in vg shape but not matching and no bayo or cleaning rod. is it worth any more than the later years one i see in the $275-$325 price range.
OLD OUTLAW

Re: early sks price check

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

dou44 wrote:i found and early norinco code 26 in the 8 million range in vg shape but not matching and no bayo or cleaning rod. is it worth any more than the later years one i see in the $275-$325 price range.
Probably not. Unless you know for certain it is a rather rare collectors item. The 1979 and 1980 made ones were perhaps the best the Chinese ever produced. I recently bought a late issue Chinese M21 Military Carbine for $300. Brand new, never issued and full of grease. The excellent
$275 to $350 are still very much available.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
dou44

Post by dou44 »

thanks ,if he makes me a good price on it i might buy just because of it's age if not i still have 2 in the 24 million range.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Those 24 million ones are the really fine built ones. Most likely the very best as China was trying to assure our government they were making
high quality rifles to send us. Fit and finish on these is second to none! You have two true keepers there for certain!
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i bought one in the early 90-92 when the price was right $69 new .just wish i had bought a few more.my day gave me the second on.
Last edited by dou44 on Wed May 16, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

once these guns have been messed with and different parts are on them so they do not match. It lowers the value on them Its nice if you collect to get as many of the factory codes you can find. You also want the fist issue Chinese sino soviet model with serial number below 1 million and the earlier ones with Russian serial numbers and the factory 26 hand stamped after are the ones to start a Chinese collection with.