Got me a Yugo SKS today

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ttnc

Got me a Yugo SKS today

Post by ttnc »

Been searching pawn shops for an M44 carbine and today I ran across a carbine but it was not an M44. Instead it was a very nice Yugo SKS. I put it on lay away and snapped a few pics with my iphone. This has all matching numbers, very clean bore, rifiling looks great, stock is nice and clean with no breaks or splits, and it even has the grenade launcher attached. All in all a very pretty carbine.
th_069c[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Celt

Re: Got me a Yugo SKS today

Post by Celt »

Nice! Good choice.can't wait to see more picts when you get home
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: Nice tt You will love it. Is there a gun in that foto? :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
ttnc

Post by ttnc »

Well the iphone is not the best camera out there. Once I get it home there will be better lice.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

they are good rifles and i need to shoot mine sometime,have not shot it in 4-5 years.
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

Hey way to go. Some of us here wear glasses so we'll wait for the BIG pictures :lol:

I forgot all about the lay-away plan. I remember my Mom using Law-Away at K-Mart in the 70's before Christmas :chuckles:
ttnc

Post by ttnc »

ttnc wrote:Well the iphone is not the best camera out there. Once I get it home there will be better photos

My kindle fire likes to spell for me so I had to go back and correct the "lice" to photos
Last edited by ttnc on Wed May 16, 2012 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

a well built model of the SKS Carbine with the grenade launcher and beefy stock its heavy but you can hold it on target easier and its very rugged. Be sure to clean it well including the gas tube every time you shoot it. Be careful with ammo you use saying it is non corrosive treat all that stuff as if it is corrosive.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Nice rifle, I just got one a few weeks ago. I really like it. How much is it going for?
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

:D :D :D Yea how much?
ttnc

Post by ttnc »

Mine was just over 300 out the door. Premium price but it is a sweet carbine. Cant wait to get it home so I can get pictures up.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

ttnc wrote:Mine was just over 300 out the door. Premium price but it is a sweet carbine. Cant wait to get it home so I can get pictures up.
Don't feel bad that's about what they go for from a store now. I got mine from Widener's for $309 plus about $11 shipping and $5 FFL. If you got one like the one I got the stock is like new and the barrel was replaced during refurb. I really like this one.
ttnc

Post by ttnc »

Oh I don't feel bad ... I am glad I bought it but I would have bought it cheaper last year.. maybe it'll be worth more in a year or so.
Jolly Green Chopper

$300 is what I paid for mine last fall in excellent condition a m59-66.Yea its heavy but you can dry your socks on the grenade launcher. :D JGC
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Around $200 for mine I think, that was five years back.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jolly Green Chopper

I have trouble getting the 30 round magazine to do right sometimes. I wonder if its just not meant to be for the SKS JGC
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Around $200 for mine I think, that was five years back.
Yeah last year there was a bunch of Yugos for as little as $169 around the net. Cabela's had sales on them but some were very rough from what I hear. Some where sweet.