Liberty Arms "Superior Grade" rifle?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mebailj

Liberty Arms "Superior Grade" rifle?

Post by mebailj »

I picked up two of these the other day at a dealer. Got them home and looked them over. One was Izhevsk 1940 matching with letters matching also, no line outs, and another Izhevsk 43, all matching, just the numbers on parts other than receiver. I have others MNs, the stock seems to be less sanded and the bolts do not looked brushed,though they probably were. Question is what makes these rate Superior Grade ? Some guys' labeling? So are they graded ? The price was no higher than I've paid for Century and other MNs.
SA1911a1

Re: Liberty Arms "Superior Grade" rifle?

Post by SA1911a1 »

Sounds like "sales talk" to me. I have to admit, Superior Grade sounds better than refurb......

The distributors do some minimal sorting, (READ: Cherry-Picking) but I have never heard of that term. Smells like Male Bovine Fecal Matter from here.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The rating is based on their opinion. Do they have a description on the website? Are you happy with them? It sounds like you have some reservations. You should post some good pictures for us to see.
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

:worthless:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:pointup: :pointup: :pointup: :pop: :pop:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

:pointup:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sales talk is all it is, these rifles were all refurbished in a similar pattern, at most it might be that they select an older date for you.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt