Fun read

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
SA1911a1

Fun read

Post by SA1911a1 »

I had picked this book up several years ago, and don't remember that I ever looked at it until last night. The book was published in 1966.

There is a very funny story about Russian inspectors in the Remington factory during the production of the Mosin-Nagant rifles. I checked Amazon and there are a bunch of copies of this book for about $2.00 plus shipping. If you are a Remington collector it has some good storires about the development of their guns, but as a Mosin collector, this one, short, story is worth the price of the book.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Fun read

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I will look into that one, the price is right in the range of what I can afford after todays antique auto swap meet :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
popgun

Post by popgun »

going to big city tus. will try to find book. thanks popgun :popgun: :popgun: :pointup: :pop: :pop:
popgun

Post by popgun »

da--! jyd wants cars!! what happen to mosins? seen nice old cob( will not say on this forum) anyway what ever mosins are fun! JUNK CARS!! popgun :popgun: :pop: :pop: :popgun: :popgun: :pointup: :pointup:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I'll head over to Amazon & check it out! Great tip & thank you. 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

popgun wrote:da--! jyd wants cars!! what happen to mosins? seen nice old cob( will not say on this forum) anyway what ever mosins are fun! JUNK CARS!! popgun :popgun: :pop: :pop: :popgun: :popgun: :pointup: :pointup:
Yes, please do junk your cars, that's how I make my living :lol: Try not to smash them first, and always fill the gastank before bringing it in to the scrap metal facility :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Got a copy off Amazon, should be inn today, I could use a good laugh!
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Ordered it. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I was going to order one this morning but I forgot my card, tonight I guess will have to do, I forgot to do it this weekend.
Theodore Roosevelt