hi point c9

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Celt

hi point c9

Post by Celt »

Well here's my hand gun.nothing fancy but it works for me.all I'll say is that if you do your part it will do the same.take time to break it in and practice practice practice.if you do buy this model my suggestion is load the eight round mag with six and the ten with eight till its broke in.dry fire and become familiar with the trigger.its not the best.last time I took it to the range I came away feeling very confident in the gun and myself.I wouldn't hesitate to reach for this in a sd or hd situation.here's some picts, enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: hi point c9

Post by millman »

Those HiPoints are ugly as homemade soap, but they seem to work, and work, and work. Nothing wrong with that. :vcool: My buddy keeps one of these in his truck, and swears by it. BTW if you send it back to the factory to be cleaned, they will send it back to you with an extra mag for your trouble.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have a 45 hi point and i love it. I have thought about putting on the ghost ring but haven't yet. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I had a JCP .40 and C9 with the compensator on it, the JCP I bought new, the C9 used. Had to do a little tweaking on the magazine ears to get them to feed right, but once I did they were totally reliable, accurate too. Sold them both, they aren't something to even consider for concealed carry in my opinion, but would make good truck guns.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Ever have any problems with bent firing pins?. I read a posting recently about that happening to someone on this forum.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

If you do have a bent firing pin, which i have never heard of, They have a lifetime warranty and will fix it. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

Made in America, lifetime warranty, and under two hundred dollars.what more do you want?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Actually, they bend the firing pin quite frequently, as it doubles as the ejector. If it gets bad enough you will start having light primer strikes, as it hits off center and not hard enough to set the primer off. That, and the lack of a striker block safety were the reasons I got rid of mine. If you check out the two main Hi Point forums, you'll see a lot of posts regarding the firing pins. If you call the factory though, they will send you parts as requested, I used to keep a spare or two on hand, as well as recoil springs and the firing pin springs.
alwyswrkng

Post by alwyswrkng »

I just sold my Hi point 45 that I bought at a gun show last Oct for a truck gun. It must have been a late Friday or early Monday morning made gun as I had nothing but fail to eject issues with it. I read sme rave reviews on them but I couldn't bet my life on it. Almost every magazine I fired would FTE at least once and I did run 250+ rounds through it to try to break it in. Even though I had about $220 in it (out the door cost) when a guy at the gun range offered me $150 cash for it I sold it on the spot. The local gun store would only off $60 trade in value ( I didn't lie to them or him) but I wouldn't take that low.

I bought a used Taurus PT145 and it eats anything I feed it and goes BANG every time. It does shoot very low but I bought it for a CCW gun not for target shooting. I also carry a Ruger LCR 38+P for a back up and it shoots great.
"I wont be wronged, I wont be insulted, I wont be laid a hand on, I dont do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne in The Shootist
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Of course the gun shop would only give you $60 on it, they wanted to make a fast buck...gun shops can't keep the Hi Points in stock. On yours, depending on when it was made, they had an upgrade on the extractor design and length of the spring, I changed it on my C9 and it made one HECK of a difference. You can even send these things in for work and they give you a free magazine with it when they ship it back!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Right after I bought my c9 at the lps, they had a used for 119?I paid 139.99 brand ne.i'm sure the didn't give him half of what he paid either.should have sent it in.they would have made it right.no one notice mine is disguised as a 380? I found a picture of a hi point on line with the polished sides and copied it at Work, later I found out that the 380s come t :D hat way.ooops
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
alwyswrkng

Post by alwyswrkng »

They had Hi Point 45's in stock for $199.95 so yes I thought they were trying to make a rather large profit. They wanted $40 to send it back for me since I didn't buy it from them so when I was offered $150 I figured I wasn't out to many $$$. I like the Taurus 45 size better for the truck anyways. I thnk I got just lucked out and got a lemon that time. A friend bought the Hi Point compact 9mm the same show and hasn't had any trouble.
"I wont be wronged, I wont be insulted, I wont be laid a hand on, I dont do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne in The Shootist
Celt

Post by Celt »

I would never tell anyone what gun to own.if you are happy that's what counts :D
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
2000ShadowACE

Post by 2000ShadowACE »

How do you like the ghost ring? I have one for my C9, but never put it on.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

celt1314 wrote:I would never tell anyone what gun to own.if you are happy that's what counts :D
Any firearm is better than no firearm.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

2000ShadowACE wrote:How do you like the ghost ring? I have one for my C9, but never put it on.

I love it.and seems to improve my accuracy.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Ranger1968

Post by Ranger1968 »

They are cheap, they shoot pretty much every time you pull the trigger, they are accurate enough for most pistol shooters, and they have a really good warranty and the company has a reputation for excellent customer service; What's not to like ? 8-)