Barclay SxS

Everything shotgun discussed here.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Barclay SxS

Post by Darryl »

I only have two shotguns. This antique and a J. C. Higgins old pump which is almost antique :lol:

I have another SxS that was my grandfathers but, my Brother has it and I am trying to talk him out of it.

But, here is the Barclay. (I'll get some better photos today)

It's my wall hanger.

desdem12

Re: Barclay SxS

Post by desdem12 »

Nice ornate hammers 8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You know I love doubles 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) The JC Higgins name has not been used on a Sears shotgun since 1961, it is an antique :lol: What model is it, chances are it's one of the two JC Higgins shotguns I picked up this summer, both Stevens guns, or the Winchester made one I got last year.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

It says J.C.Higgins Model 20. Has this huge choke holder that allows you to screw different chokes into it. I have all the chokes also.

I'll try to get some photos. I'm making 21 more Snider loads today and am concentrating on that right now. I'm in the middle of pan lubing the bullets, so I took a break while they're cooling down.

Darryl
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Does the JC Higgens look like this? If so it is a High Standard Mod 200.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Well, very close. Except at the end of the barrel has this huge unit you can screw on chokes.

I'll post it Sunday!

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sounds like the H-S 200, that was one of the J-C's I bought, if I wasn't lazy, and it wasn't near 2am I would go over and dig it out for a look.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

JYD,
I found a photo of it today.

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

8-)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

It's really a cannon with a stock!

Dolk
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I love those old Doubles. 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"