Tokarev ttc

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
sharpie443

Tokarev ttc

Post by sharpie443 »

This was the first semi auto gun i purchased when i turned 21. I take it out about once a month and put a few rounds threw it but it's more of a collectors piece then a shooter for me. I never liked the ergonomics of it but it is a neat little gun with some history.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7AahDqW7Tg[/BBvideo]
desdem12

Re: Tokarev ttc

Post by desdem12 »

I have a M57 and i like it. I also have a cz 52 and love that one. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Other than my 1911, the TTC is my favorite shooter; I shoot it in 7.62 and 9mm.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
sharpie443

Post by sharpie443 »

SA1911a1 wrote:Other than my 1911, the TTC is my favorite shooter; I shoot it in 7.62 and 9mm.
I've been keeping my eye out for a 9mm conversion barrel for mine but they seem to be quite rare.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
lonesome

Post by lonesome »

sharpie443 wrote:
SA1911a1 wrote:Other than my 1911, the TTC is my favorite shooter; I shoot it in 7.62 and 9mm.
I've been keeping my eye out for a 9mm conversion barrel for mine but they seem to be quite rare.
Got mine last year from Sarco. They didn't have it listed on their site, but I called them and they had one in stock.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i still have acouple of cz52's but i sold mu yugo m57 i may buy another one later because i liked mine
BlakeM44

Post by BlakeM44 »

I'm trying to find one of these for my first handgun. I want something that I can shoot easier with than my dad's .40. Not being able to hit anything with a pistol doesn't teach you anything.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
~Thomas Jefferson
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Last i checked these were in good supply. All you have to do is decide which you want. A polish. A yugo, or a romanian. I am partial to the poles and the yugos myself. Try SOG or J&G or (cough choke) classic.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
dou44

Post by dou44 »

mine came from sog and it was like new. i hated to sell it but needed some money to buy another rifle ,but i allready forgot what it was.grey hair and old age will do that to you.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Which of the CZ is Military and which is police or does it make a difference? I heard some were alloy and some were steel depending on if they police or military? or is my grey hair and old age mixing it up with Walthers?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

The cz 52 was military i believe. The cz 82 is a police weapon. :D
Jolly Green Chopper

Thanks for the info on CZ's I haven't had either to shoot for comparison . Since I have a C&R I want to start a handgun collection.of foreign guns but I would like to be able to shoot whatever I get, so I'm looking for suggestions from owners. JGC
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have 3 C&R pistols. A CZ52, A M57 yugo tok, And a Polish P64. I recommend all of them. Love the CZ alot and the tok is a great shooter. I think i would go for a cz82 instead of a P 64 if i was to do it over but the little 64 isn't too bad. :D
Jolly Green Chopper

Thanks again CZ 82 was on my find and shoot list. I like the feel and look just have to find one to shoot. JGC
brnmuenchow

Post by brnmuenchow »

I have an M57 that I love. The ergonomics of it have never really bothered me all that much, it's not as comfortable to shoot as my Sig. granted... but it gets the job done.
Jolly Green Chopper

I finally got my CZ 82 after getting some opinions from this part of the forum and I'm happy to report the CZ82 was a good choice. I have been to the range three times with it a it shoots and handles just fine. Thanks for the advice . Now I have to decide if I will get a Tokarev or something else. I have been reading about the P64 and some of the trigger pull negatives. I have a Taurus TCP 738 that I carry as my main concealed gun and would like to know how the P64 and the TCP compare if anyone has tried them both.
Jolly Green Chopper

I would like to know more about the Tokarev before I get one. Can some helpful owners or users please advise me about this gun . Does it come in more than one caliber and how would it compare to my Glock 22 40 cal. Or other well known pistols like CZ82 .Thanks to all of you for you're help :D JGC
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Toks come in 7.62x25 mostly. There is a chinese model that comes in 9mm, M219 i think. You used to be able to get 9mm barrels for a drop in conversion but i have not heard or seen one for a while now. These are a blast to shoot and not to expensive on the ammo. The muzzle velocity is around 1600 on some ammo. :beek: I like the Yugo toks the best and then i think i would get a polish next. Some people like the romanian better. The yugo holds 9 in the mag and the others hold 8 and the mags are not interchangable. Hope this helps some. :D
Jolly Green Chopper

Thanks desdem12 for the Tokarev info. J&G has Romanian TTC 7.62x25 @$219.95 with possible cracked or modified grips. I wonder what that means? Glue? Tape ? Bailing Wire? I heard of rubber inner tubes off N.V.A bicycles being used with good success.Think I might keep looking. But I would like one. 1600 FPS sounds like fun compared to my 1911 .45 Thanks again for your help.I'm a semi- retired auto /truck mechanic shop owner so if there is any thing in that world you need please let me know.Rick, Aka JGC