What have I got?

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
mjac

What have I got?

Post by mjac »

I was 21 when I brought this back from a land far away. It was cleaned and has remained unfired since then. I have decided to shoot it once more.
I reload and shoot cast in several other more modern firearms. I would appreciate any tips on the future care and feeding of this old war horse.

Semper Fi
Chief Scout-3rd Battalion 5th Marines RVN '67-'68
ffuries

Re: What have I got?

Post by ffuries »

A Mosin Nagant Sniper M91/30?

On the left side of the link I attached if you scroll down a bit, there's a link about the different M91/30 Sniper models

knowledgebase/index.html

You can butly commercial 7.62x54r ammo if it's a M91/30 and shoot it, with just a normal cleanup afterwards.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
mjac

Post by mjac »

Thanks for the link. Looks as though I have some studying, comparing details, to do.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

mjac wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:19 pm Thanks for the link. Looks as though I have some studying, comparing details, to do.
Post some pictures, we have some pretty smart members on here that know a lot about the sniper models.

Oh and Semper Fi Devil Dog!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Just post some pics.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
mjac

Post by mjac »

Yes, pictures for sure. I saw the tutorial detailing pics to take. The rifle is in a safe place but not actually presently in my possession. Pics will be available soon.