My Jaws film prop collection

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
1badf350

My Jaws film prop collection

Post by 1badf350 »

Thought you guys might like to see this stuff. The Greener harpoon gun is extremely rare. The barrels are actual set used barrels I purchased from Lynn and Susan Murphy of Marthas Vineyard who worked on set during filming. The barrels were all black and used as floatation for the camera platforms and for the workings of some of the mechanical sharks.
I painted and distressed the one barrel, the other I left as is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
racerguy00

Re: My Jaws film prop collection

Post by racerguy00 »

Well that's something you don't see everyday. Awesome, thanks for sharing that.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

That's amazing !! :Drool1: :thumbsup: One of my all time favorite films. Thanks for sharing.
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Very nice collection, I remember seeing that movie at the local theater back in '75 I think it was. I can still see that damn severed human head popping out from the smashed boat. You just didn't see stuff like that in the movies back then, for that sort of graphic violence you had to watch the nightly news coverage of the war in Vietnam, and that was over by then.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
1badf350

Post by 1badf350 »

LOL seeing Ben Gardners head still freaks me out every time
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Those are bad ass. Have you tried them?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
1badf350

Post by 1badf350 »

Have not fired the Greeners. Mostly out of fear of damaging one of the harpoons. They are impossible to replace
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

How old are they?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis