Mts-2-3 [ МЦ-2-3 ]

Rim Fire Firearms
Zdzislaw

Mts-2-3 [ МЦ-2-3 ]

Post by Zdzislaw »

Lucky me. I've been just visited by Santa
He didn't have a white beard or a red fur coat, there were no sleighs or reindeer. :D
He even made me pay for the gift.
And yet, I am very pleased with his visit - he dropped me a Soviet Mts-2-3 pistol.
The average dispersion of my pistol, declared by the manufacturer in 1965, at 50 meters for a 10-shot series is 2.38 cm ( shot 60 cartridges, from the rest ).
I hope I can get close to this result.

Since 1952, 5,233 Mts-2 pistols have been manufactured, in at least three versions. The exact date of the end of production is not known, but based on photos collected on the Internet, I assume that production ended in 1969. I did not find any photos of this gun with a serial number starting with 70 - the first two digits of the serial number indicated the year of manufacture.
So, with over five thousand pistols produced, I hope that quite a few of them survived and there will be some owners who will share their opinions and shooting experiences.
I wonder if an electronic version of the Manual and technical instruction are available? I happen to speak Russian so I can read the original Soviet Manual.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mts-2-3 [ МЦ-2-3 ]

Post by millman »

Very cool.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SteelBP

Post by SteelBP »

Is there a mark indicating where they were made ? The (No) mark makes me think Tula.
Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

They were made in Tula - in the 50's some of them bear also the logo of TOZ - Тульский оружейный завод ( see the one from 1957 ) but all of them were manufactured by ЦКИБ / TsKIB -
The Central Design and Research Bureau of Sporting and Hunting Arms [ Центральное конструкторско-исследовательское бюро спортивного и охотничьего оружия ].
It is even included in the weapon's name - МЦ - Модель ЦКИБ - Model by Tskib.
Last edited by Zdzislaw on Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.