Back Woes.....

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Back Woes.....

Post by ffuries »

I screwed up my back again. Wednesday morning I was making the bed and as I simply pulled on the comforter to straighten it up, felt a pop in my lower back and then fire.

Can barely stand up straight, nearly impossible to get up from a sitting or laying postion without assistance. Between meds, heating pad, hot showers, massage, stretching I'm barely existing and still in constant pain.

Had planned to hit a few gun shops, and pawn shops over the weekend, but that isn't happening now. Just chilling with the fur monsters in the master bedroom, watching old shows on the idiot box. Was watching McHale's Navy earlier, now watching Tombstone Territory.

Hopefully by next week I'm feeling better.....!

My company, guardians, protectors, babysitters or whatever you want to call them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Back Woes.....

Post by Darryl »

Beautiful Dogs!

When I read the "subject" I thought, what the heck is he doing with "Back Hoes". ;mywink;

My mind went instantly to giving you some "stuff" about playing with "hoes" but.........

But when I read it, I though, "man, that's much worse!". ;mywink;

Take it slow.

Darryl
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I had back issues all my life from heavy lifting and such. That's mostly gone now that I had to give up heavy lifting, but more than once I had an issue while doing something small and not expected to likely cause me pain. Getting out of a chair, reaching for something, once even while trying to get dressed in the morning. One day to a week or so was the duration for most of them. Never took pills for it other than Tylenol, I did stretches as taught by the Doctor.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Darryl wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:32 pm Beautiful Dogs!

When I read the "subject" I thought, what the heck is he doing with "Back Hoes". ;mywink;

My mind went instantly to giving you some "stuff" about playing with "hoes" but.........

But when I read it, I though, "man, that's much worse!". ;mywink;

Take it slow.

Darryl
Hmm Back Hoes......I think CINC Household would use one to bury me if I was playing with hoes.....

The dogs went from being company to being bed hogs once I got up to eat, the shit heads.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:12 pm I had back issues all my life from heavy lifting and such. That's mostly gone now that I had to give up heavy lifting, but more than once I had an issue while doing something small and not expected to likely cause me pain. Getting out of a chair, reaching for something, once even while trying to get dressed in the morning. One day to a week or so was the duration for most of them. Never took pills for it other than Tylenol, I did stretches as taught by the Doctor.
The more I try to stretch, like my doctors want me to do, the more it hurts. After stretching it hurts just standing still. If this starts to happen more often, I'll probably have to start ejections again. 4 months ago I asked for a decreased in my pain meds dosage. So instead of 7.5 mg 3 times a day I'm down to 5.0 mg 3 times a day. Was working great until today, meds are barely taking the edge off.

Funny how something so simple like getting dressed, reaching for something, turning over wrong, or turning too quick can cause a flare up. The SI Joint Fusion worked for a few years, but the issues are coming back more frequently and more severely.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SteelBP

Post by SteelBP »

ffuries wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:46 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:12 pm I had back issues all my life from heavy lifting and such. That's mostly gone now that I had to give up heavy lifting, but more than once I had an issue while doing something small and not expected to likely cause me pain. Getting out of a chair, reaching for something, once even while trying to get dressed in the morning. One day to a week or so was the duration for most of them. Never took pills for it other than Tylenol, I did stretches as taught by the Doctor.
The more I try to stretch, like my doctors want me to do, the more it hurts. After stretching it hurts just standing still. If this starts to happen more often, I'll probably have to start ejections again. 4 months ago I asked for a decreased in my pain meds dosage. So instead of 7.5 mg 3 times a day I'm down to 5.0 mg 3 times a day. Was working great until today, meds are barely taking the edge off.

Funny how something so simple like getting dressed, reaching for something, turning over wrong, or turning too quick can cause a flare up. The SI Joint Fusion worked for a few years, but the issues are coming back more frequently and more severely.
I had a L2-3 fusion years ago. No pain meds in 6 yrs. now. Got 2 bucks drug out and loaded alone this year, it bothers me but I have a stretch/exercise routine. Is part of your arthritis ? Covid had left me hobbling around, couldn't get up/down, climb steps, etc. for 18 months. I heard about "poke" berries this summer and started taking them. In 48 hours I was a new man. I feel like 5-10 yrs. ago. I can even run a short ways.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SteelBP wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:55 pm
ffuries wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:46 pm

I had a L2-3 fusion years ago. No pain meds in 6 yrs. now. Got 2 bucks drug out and loaded alone this year, it bothers me but I have a stretch/exercise routine. Is part of your arthritis ? Covid had left me hobbling around, couldn't get up/down, climb steps, etc. for 18 months. I heard about "poke" berries this summer and started taking them. In 48 hours I was a new man. I feel like 5-10 yrs. ago. I can even run a short ways.
In 2013 I was diagnosed with compressed and herniated discs and bone spurs, basically degenerative disk disease. Wasn't on meds for the longest time and I did the stretching exercises on a daily basis. A few years later they put put me on Tramadol (It didn't do a damn thing for me), then Norco (Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone) then Percocet (Oxycodone Hydrochloride and Acetaminophen).

Asked to come off the Percocet back to Norco, doctor was surprised and said hell yes we can do that. Then as my episodes became less frequent, talked to him again about reducing meds and 4 months ago went from 7.5 mgs down to 5.0 mgs. Which I haven't had any issues with, prescribed 3 a day as needed and get by with two normally. The hope and plan is to stop them all together.

Right now I can't do the stretching exercises, the pain is too intense, and once I get on the floor to try and do them, I can't get back up. Hell I can't bend over or kneel down to pick something up right now. The pain is so bad, that if I roll in my sleep it'll wake me up, hell I'm unable to drive right now. I'm hoping it'll start dissipating soon and I can get back to doing the stretching, if not, I'll go to the ER or Acute Care and get an injection.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nothing like a good jolt of pain to keep you awake at night, or make sure you are up in the wee hours. Neuropathy, it did a number on my feet so pain is pretty much a constant companion, fuck the pills, they don't work anyway and I will not go out a pill addict. The part of diabetes they didn't warn me about, now I'm allowed to do whatever I like so long as I do it sitting down as much as possible and it doesn't involve lifting. The motherfucking pain can be pretty interesting at times, like right now for instance. Sometimes one foot, sometimes both, this is a both morning. Changes in the weather seem to bring it on, like all the rain maybe. The upside is I no longer suffer from constant back problems since I stopped lifting heavy things.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt