What questions would you ask?

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Grello

What questions would you ask?

Post by Grello »

Hi guys. There's one UK stockist with quite a few snipers for sale and I was wondering what questions you'd ask to find out how authentic they are? Here's the link - they have quite a few pages of them :Drool1: :

http://www.cgfirearms.co.uk/Gallery.asp ... ant&Ctrl=1

Thanks in anticipation.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Tula Neil

Re: What questions would you ask?

Post by Tula Neil »

Hi Grello..

PM sent.. that should explain things.

Your most welcome...
Last edited by Tula Neil on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grello

Post by Grello »

Much appreciated Neil - PM sent back. Cheers!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

All the scopes I see are reproductions (that I looked at). Most of the mounts were reproductions and some looked like they could be post war.

Price is right for a reproduction (Fake) sniper.

Dolk
Grello

Post by Grello »

Thanks Dolk. I thought that would be the case. Cheers
svdsniper

Post by svdsniper »

Hi

I have actually had words with that dealer and they are fake, many not even selected sniper rifles and just had scopes bolted on. I will try to find the email and post it here if i still have it.

Best regards
Svdsniper
svdsniper

Post by svdsniper »

AHA! found it

Here is the conversation i had with this seller:-

Hi

I see you have what appears to be a genuine mosin nagant PU sniper rifle , stock number CR1185. Please can you tell me if this rifle has a number stamped above the woodline of the stock in the left side of the barrel shank? also what number is marked on the scope and are there any numbers marked on the scopes mount?

Thanks

Kevin

Dear Kevin
Thank you for your e'mail.
I am sorry to tell you the 'Finnish War' Rifle has been sold.
Thank you for your interest.

Kind regards
Harry

Dear Kevin
I have a 1939 Russian sniper s/no. T5432 marked SA.
PDM Scope, s/no. A67689.

Kind regards
Harry

Hi

Do you have any photos of the rifles markings? and the scopes markings as well as any markings on the scope mount? lastly do you have any photos of the number stamped into the barrel shank just above the woodline on the left of where the rifles normal markings are?
what is the price on this rifle and how good is the bore?

Best regards

Kevin

Hello Kevin
Attached 3 images of areas you are interested in
Kind Regards
Harry

**Images were supplied but had so much shake that very little could be made out from the markings, this made me suspisious as no-one is that bad with a camera :-)**

Hi

I cant see the markings clearly as the photos have some shake but i cn see the makers mark for the Izhmash manufacturing plant in Izhesk Russia. Does the number stamped into the barrel shank along the woodline match the serial number on the scope?
Do any of the digits of the barrel shank or scope number appear marked onto the scope mount?

Thanks

Kevin

Hello Kevin
The rifle is not matching - the last correct Mosin Nagant sniper I saw sold for £3700 on the hammer (£4500 all in) in a London Auction house - which puts it in perspective - probably all the ones you see now are composite - at least this rifle is dated 1939 which as you know is prior to Germany invading Russia
The Mount /scope are not matched to the rifle.
The bore is a shooting bore - as you are aware - very accurate rifle
Kind Regards
Harry

Ok so thats what was said between us and this was back in late October 2010.

Best regards

Svdsniper
Mantis

Post by Mantis »

Guys, WTH is going on over there? You can still get a Izhevsk stamp matched rifle from R guns for 800 bucks, admittedly they are getting really low and you have to beg and maybe pay more. TULAS G O N E if you find one expect to pay 1000+
THERE ARE NO PU SNIPERS DATED 1939 Please do your research so you don't get screwed. It would be a PM or PEM and it's worth much more although not as accurate.
This company you are showing has cahonas there ARE NO Izhevsk MADE PU SNIPERS BEFORE 1943 PERIOD. NONE!!! That is the first advertised rifle they show. I don't care if it is re arsenaled to be a sniper it was NEVER and CAN NEVER be a real PU sniper. Tula made them 41 to 45 Izhevsk 43 45 that's it, anything else is a crap shoot. Hear me now believe me when you find out I am right. I've seen HEX PU SNIPERS :chuckles:
Izhevsk is really easy to fake. TULA not so much a CH for sniper CERTIFIED, it may have never been a sniper. (CH stands for SN) although some communist bastard :angry4: is advertising the Cyrillic stamps on EVIL BAY and let the FAKES begin
Baptized by fire
My work must not be done
Cause I'm still here, baby
Only the good die young
(Jeff Williams)