Gunshow Drama......

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
ffuries

Gunshow Drama......

Post by ffuries »

Well almost got my ass kicked out of a gunshow today. Was looking at an AKM Underfolder, trying to get hold of the vendor to ask about picking it up. Yeah I ask before picking up! When a guy to the right of me tapped me on the shoulder and called me a persons name that wasn't mine. Told him sorry wrong person buddy.

Turned back to the AKM and it was no longer there, his buddy to the left of me had picked it up, they were grinning like the Cheshire Cat, all I said was really. Name guy got a little loud with me, and started to step into me, so I stood my ground and a vendor I know talked me down. I just looked at the two young jackasses and told them Karma is a Bitch....

Didn't find anything to adopt, but another vendor I know had the accessory packs for the Mosin Nagants. Needed a sling my M44, pack came with the tool kit, oiler, ammo pouch, sling, dog collars, and lot of grease. He gave it to me for $15.00. So now I get to go clean and wipe that stuff down.

After the gunshow it was off to the antique store and I found a Military holster for my S&W K38, came with a belt and cartridge sleeve that I don't need. So I'll probably sell the cartridge sleeve and belt.

Bucheimer holster with the US Military FSN/NSN on it, a bucheimer marked belt and a Baurer Bros marked 12 round cartridge sleeve.

Left the house at 0800 this morning and got home at 1600.....My tired ass will be in bed early tonight......!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Tula44

Re: Gunshow Drama......

Post by Tula44 »

I love those Mosin Nagant accessory packs, you got a great deal on it for $15 :thumbsup:
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Tula44 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:47 pm I love those Mosin Nagant accessory packs, you got a great deal on it for $15 :thumbsup:
The vendor had a store called Arias Artifacts in Panama City Beach, Steve aka SA1911a1 knows who he is. He's a great guy that's for sure.

He had two of these kits on the table and a box full of them under the table. One had the later style oiler and one the earlier style. I have a ton of the later ones here, but no early ones, so I got a sling for the M44 and an early oiler.

Got a tool kit with one Mosin Nagant M91/30 a few years ago and it had a M1895 Nagant screwdriver blade and wooden handle in it. Took me a while to figure that out.

Oilers, round later style, square early style.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We all would be locked up by the time I was done, this is yet another reason why I do not go to gun shows anymore, and avoid the public whenever I can. Of course I wouldn't have been looking at an AK, it would more likely have been something bolt action with a lot of wars hanging off it. As I get older and more fucked up I find that I have absolute zero tolerance for any crap from anyone, and as I say to more than one shithead, don't worry about what comes after if I do this or that, that's my problem, not yours. People in large crowds suck, they suck in smaller crowds also, rude, obnoxious cocksuckers abound, that's the way of it with society now. I already have all the guns I need, ammo too, the rest I can have sent in, and the gates are kept closed, doors bolted, security cameras all over the place and signs warning potential trouble to turn around and leave before they get shot in the face, and or balls depending on my mood at the moment, and lets face it, I haven't been in a good mood in decades. :very mad:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We all would be locked up by the time I was done, this is yet another reason why I do not go to gun shows anymore, and avoid the public whenever I can. Of course I wouldn't have been looking at an AK, it would more likely have been something bolt action with a lot of wars hanging off it. As I get older and more fucked up I find that I have absolute zero tolerance for any crap from anyone, and as I say to more than one shithead, don't worry about what comes after if I do this or that, that's my problem, not yours. People in large crowds suck, they suck in smaller crowds also, rude, obnoxious cocksuckers abound, that's the way of it with society now. I already have all the guns I need, ammo too, the rest I can have sent in, and the gates are kept closed, doors bolted, security cameras all over the place and signs warning potential trouble to turn around and leave before they get shot in the face, and or balls depending on my mood at the moment, and lets face it, I haven't been in a good mood in decades. :very mad:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Opened up the greasy pile of Mosin accessories, after cleaning stuff up I noticed this on the oiler. No clue what 36 represents, but it meant something to somebody.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:15 pm We all would be locked up by the time I was done, this is yet another reason why I do not go to gun shows anymore, and avoid the public whenever I can. Of course I wouldn't have been looking at an AK, it would more likely have been something bolt action with a lot of wars hanging off it. As I get older and more fucked up I find that I have absolute zero tolerance for any crap from anyone, and as I say to more than one shithead, don't worry about what comes after if I do this or that, that's my problem, not yours. People in large crowds suck, they suck in smaller crowds also, rude, obnoxious cocksuckers abound, that's the way of it with society now. I already have all the guns I need, ammo too, the rest I can have sent in, and the gates are kept closed, doors bolted, security cameras all over the place and signs warning potential trouble to turn around and leave before they get shot in the face, and or balls depending on my mood at the moment, and lets face it, I haven't been in a good mood in decades. :very mad:
If I wasn't so broken by my health, I would have tussled if it came to it. But with age and health issues, comes wisdom. Sometimes these young punks aren't worth the effort. Saw the UF during my initial pass through the show, and it was at the back of the show. It had a well worn finish, to the point of being natural metal in appearance, the rivets looked good, no mashing, no puckering in the metal, proper domed heads.

Being priced at $600.00 was an eye catcher. Was it rode hard, an attempt at a BFPU finish, or was it a turd and these kids got something that needed rebuilt? Hence why I wanted to handle it, maybe take the top cover off, look at the internals.

As for Milsurps I saw M91/30s, Yugo M48 Mausers, Garands, and a couple M1 Carbines, and one Springfield Trapdoor. The owner had it there on display, but not sure if he wanted to sell it, so no price on it.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I never understood that, bringing things to a sale and not offering them for sale. I go to a museum to admire from afar what I can't own, I go to a gun show to buy, or I did back in the day. I am there with money and am focused on making a deal. Having things on the sale table that are not for sale is a distraction, while I am wasting time finding out that it's not for sale someone just grabbed something else that I had been looking for. Amateur dealers who treat a sale event like it's a social event.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ffuries wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:22 pm
Tula44 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:47 pm I love those Mosin Nagant accessory packs, you got a great deal on it for $15 :thumbsup:
The vendor had a store called Arias Artifacts in Panama City Beach, Steve aka SA1911a1 knows who he is. He's a great guy that's for sure.

He had two of these kits on the table and a box full of them under the table. One had the later style oiler and one the earlier style. I have a ton of the later ones here, but no early ones, so I got a sling for the M44 and an early oiler.

Got a tool kit with one Mosin Nagant M91/30 a few years ago and it had a M1895 Nagant screwdriver blade and wooden handle in it. Took me a while to figure that out.

I talked to the owner of the Outpost, in Marianna today, he is a good friend of Arias' owner. He was telling me that he is doing better selling at shows than in his store. I suspect that the rent and utilities were killing him. I was glad to hear that he is still out there selling militaria and military guns.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:17 am I never understood that, bringing things to a sale and not offering them for sale. I go to a museum to admire from afar what I can't own, I go to a gun show to buy, or I did back in the day. I am there with money and am focused on making a deal. Having things on the sale table that are not for sale is a distraction, while I am wasting time finding out that it's not for sale someone just grabbed something else that I had been looking for. Amateur dealers who treat a sale event like it's a social event.
Yeah this one was an out of town gunshow. There is a guy that does the local show, that has no prices listed on his milsurps. When you ask, he actually says more then you can afford. I've overheard him mention prices on rare occasions. His cheapest Colt AR starts out at $4500.00, his Garands (Rebuilt to period/manufacturer parts) start out $5000.00, I'm not talking a CMP rebuild here. He spends an ungodly amount of money chasing parts down (Manufacturer, drawing number, etc) to make the guns "Correct". Even the finishes are consistent, either well worn or brand new. Refers to them as Arsenal Correct but never comes straight out and says they're original, but doesn't say he rebuilt them either.
Last edited by ffuries on Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:56 am
ffuries wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:22 pm

I talked to the owner of the Outpost, in Marianna today, he is a good friend of Arias' owner. He was telling me that he is doing better selling at shows than in his store. I suspect that the rent and utilities were killing him. I was glad to hear that he is still out there selling militaria and military guns.
Without gong into details, his wife had/has some medical issues. Plus he got lucky per se, he shut up shop before Hurricane Michael, the guy that moved into the space, had 3 feet of water in the building from the storm. Had he'd still been in there, that would have ruined a lot ammo and firearms, etc.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sometimes the show comes to you. One of my oldest customers, 95, brought me his muzzleloader rifles and all their assorted accessories today. Custom built .45 Kentucky rifle with 36" Don Getz barrel, set trigger, maple stock, and other goodies. A rifle that he took ribbons with 30 years ago, along with his Italian made Hawken .50, and a little Jukar Philadelphia Deringer. Six bullet molds, and his range box full of all the usual stuff any BP shooter is familiar with. Unfortunately that rifle will never see its full potential with me behind the trigger, but I will have some fun missing with it anyway.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sometimes the show comes to you. One of my oldest customers, 95, brought me his muzzleloader rifles and all their assorted accessories today. Custom built .45 Kentucky rifle with 36" Don Getz barrel, set trigger, maple stock, and other goodies. A rifle that he took ribbons with 30 years ago, along with his Italian made Hawken .50, and a little Jukar Philadelphia Deringer. Six bullet molds, and his range box full of all the usual stuff any BP shooter is familiar with. Unfortunately that rifle will never see its full potential with me behind the trigger, but I will have some fun missing with it anyway.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:56 pm Sometimes the show comes to you. One of my oldest customers, 95, brought me his muzzleloader rifles and all their assorted accessories today. Custom built .45 Kentucky rifle with 36" Don Getz barrel, set trigger, maple stock, and other goodies. A rifle that he took ribbons with 30 years ago, along with his Italian made Hawken .50, and a little Jukar Philadelphia Deringer. Six bullet molds, and his range box full of all the usual stuff any BP shooter is familiar with. Unfortunately that rifle will never see its full potential with me behind the trigger, but I will have some fun missing with it anyway.
Cool, awesome when that happens.

I found a Military style ammo dump pouch for the 38 today, should be here in a few days. Went into the attic and went through all my bags, and I can't find my LC-1 web belt with the LC-1 harness anywhere. Found my LC-2 web belt and harness, with a FAK, chem mask, and canteen on it, and a chemical warfare suit in the attached carry bag on the harness. Found a opened pack of cigarettes in the chem suit, guessing they are about 20 years old now.

So it looks like I'll have to order a replacement LC-1 harness and web belt to replace my missing one.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Things don't just vanish like the ghost took them, it went someplace, now you have to figure out where it went. Start replacing things just because you can't find them and you end up like me with two and three of most tools, and other small items. Gremlins! Gremlins, the thieving little bastards, they must be responsible :very mad:
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:36 am Things don't just vanish like the ghost took them, it went someplace, now you have to figure out where it went. Start replacing things just because you can't find them and you end up like me with two and three of most tools, and other small items. Gremlins! Gremlins, the thieving little bastards, they must be responsible :very mad:
When I retired my wife took somewhere around 10 ea A-3 bags and several wooden military footlockers full of gear, plus a ton of loose items and gave them our son's Marine Recruiters.

Talking North Face Cold Weather Sleep Systems (Still sealed), poncho liners, flight suits, jackets and gloves, artic sleeping bags, Gortex jackets/pants, Under Armour tops/bottoms still sealed. Oakley made desert boots, Oakley shooter glasses and sunglasses, SOS sunglasses, and some other companies glasses that had changeable lenses (Amber, rose, clear, dark), body armor, web gear, holsters, M9 and M16 ammo pouches, flight helmet bags, camelbacks, several 50 cal ammo cans full off 5 inch survival knives, etc, etc, etc.

The recruiters brought two government vehicles. They filled up both trunks, both back seats, and both passenger seats with the loot.

I got to keep one A-3 bag with extra stuff, and one A-3 bag that still had all my then currrent combat and training gear. Every six months we would get another equipment issue, whether we needed it or not, and a another one at the end of the Fiscal year. So basically every 4 months.

At one point I had somewhere around 40 plus pairs of Desert Cammies that hadn't been worn at all and never had any rank or patches put on. When I retired I gave my brother all but two pairs of Desert Cammies that had rank and patches on them. We were the same rank, same last name, worked out for him.

How big or how much crap can you fit in an A-3 bag.....
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have a pile of them full of mostly old clothing, extra blankets, and winter coats shrunk by the cleaners over the decades but too expensive to just toss. I once had one full of MRE's and Mountain House meals but have since repackaged them in steel containers. They do hold a lot.
Theodore Roosevelt