Weather...Rain...Wind.....Oh My!

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Weather...Rain...Wind.....Oh My!

Post by ffuries »

We, like many in the US, have been experiencing thunderstorms off and on for the last week. Took some quick pictures of the sky, came in and sat down for an early lunch and heard a noise. Which turns out was the sliding screen door slamming shut.

Looked out back and the patio chairs were going across the yard end over end. Secured them in the shed, and while doing so I was getting shoved around by the wind. Couple trees down in the neighborhood, along with siding torn off a few houses, etc.

Winds were clocked somewhere in 60-70 MPH range. Some believe a small tornado came through, but the news has said anything to confirm that.

These pictures were literally taken just a minute or two prior to winds coming through. So those of yall that are in path of these thunderstorms be careful, police up the yard before you get hit, and batten down the hatches and be safe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Re: Weather...Rain...Wind.....Oh My!

Post by SA1911a1 »

The storms have been just about daily for the last week or so. We were out of power from Wed. 9PM until Thurs at 11:00 AM and some of the folks in the region are still out. We had a midnight storm on Wed. that was quite impressive. Mike, I see you have my bell in your backyard. When the wind starts making it ring, it is time to batten down the hatches.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:09 am The storms have been just about daily for the last week or so. We were out of power from Wed. 9PM until Thurs at 11:00 AM and some of the folks in the region are still out. We had a midnight storm on Wed. that was quite impressive. Mike, I see you have my bell in your backyard. When the wind starts making it ring, it is time to batten down the hatches.
Yeah, I've heard the bell ring a few times due to the winds. For Michael it was put in the shed, good thing I did....or it would belong to someone else now!

Getting tired of these storms already. Seems like we get a week of them, then a few days of OMG it's HOT AS HELL weather, then another week of either We Ain't In Kansas Anymore Toto weather or time to build an Ark weather.

Yall be careful over that way Steve....
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I had my own close calls with the big wind, I would just as soon not experience that again.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I had my own close calls with the big wind, I would just as soon not experience that again.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

We have another line of thunderstorms storms that are scheduled to blow in from the West starting around 1500 or so. Around 1600 it'll get bad for awhile, then finally passing sometime between 1900 to 2100. Don't know what's behind it as of yet.

We'll see what tomorrow has in-store for us. So far this is our 6th day of severe weather, with thunderstorms, hail, wind gusts and treats of tornadic action warnings. Getting old real quick!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hurricane and tornado winds get old .00008 of a second after they start.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:38 pm Hurricane and tornado winds get old .00008 of a second after they start.
We got a weather warning during today's storm, that winds were being clocked at 80+ MPH. Sitting in the garage partaking in a smoke and you could hear the hail hitting the garage door. Tired of these daily thunderstorms already!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ffuries wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:15 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:38 pm Hurricane and tornado winds get old .00008 of a second after they start.
We got a weather warning during today's storm, that winds were being clocked at 80+ MPH. Sitting in the garage partaking in a smoke and you could hear the hail hitting the garage door. Tired of these daily thunderstorms already!
We got 5-1/4 inches of rain this week; and that is a lot less than the week before. It make the ground soggy enough that it doesn't take much wind to topple trees. I am hearing thunder in the distance now...it won't be long.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum