M91 Carcano

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
mikenac

M91 Carcano

Post by mikenac »

Here is a 1936 M91 Carcano made by R.E. Terni that I purchased earlier this year. I absolutely love shooting this one!

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: M91 Carcano

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice one. I bet ammo isn't easy to find.
mikenac

Post by mikenac »

tjtM38 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:41 pm :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice one. I bet ammo isn't easy to find.
SGAmmo usually has plenty in stock at around $34 per box. It is definitely not the cheapest thing in the world to shoot but since it is pretty stout on the shoulder I don't put a lot through it at one time lol
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Mine like that doesn't like the .264 bullets that PPU uses, have to load my own. I agree, don't think I ever shoot more than 20 rounds or so, and i use a closed cell slip-on butt pad too!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

What is the ammo used? Cal?

I've seen these for years now but never picked one up.

Darryl
matt167

Post by matt167 »

6.5x52. I love mine. Makes my arm sore so I don't shoot it much, but it is fun when I do
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

A new gun shop that is literally 1 minute or .4 miles from the house, which can be a good thing or a bad thing, has some Carcanos Carbines for sale at $400.00 a pop. They are in great shape, I might have to stop by and see if he still has some. It'll make a great addition to my M91 Carcano (Long rifle), I just picked up.

If I'm looking correctly, yours is a M91 Cavalry Carbine (Adjustable sight) versus a M91/38 Cavalry Carbine (Fixed sight) correct?
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member