Winchester mdl 1894

Modern rifles and Sportsters are discussed here.

Sportsters:
We don't advocate making Sportsters from military surplus rifles. We do recognize the ones already made in years past as pieces of history and of importance (such as the Bannerman, Blindee and old custom sportsters). If you bought one, you may show it here. Discussion of how to do this kind of work is not allowed. It is contrary to our over all forum values. So please don't abuse this forum. All final decisions will be made by the Administrators and no one else please. Non permanent alterations may be shown here but keep in mind, if it is in conflict with the "spirit" of these forums, we may remove it at our discretion.
Cliff

Winchester mdl 1894

Post by Cliff »

I've had this rifle for a couple of years. It's a 1894 win in 25-35 caliber. It has a 20in barrel, "Expurts" tell me it's been cutoff. This old rifle is a real shooter. I switched sights on my highwall Uberti and I decided to put the peep sight on the win. Looking forward to sighting it in this week. +dhic aka cliff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Winchester mdl 1894

Post by millman »

:vcool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Very nice '94! That should be fun at the range :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

what did ya expurts judge that barrel on...?
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Tom, they said the mag tube wasn't right. They questioned both length and how it was attached. That's allright, I've about $1000 in this one compared to $2500 ones at gunshows. Works great, great bore, great caliber. I wouldn't take my money back.
+dhic aka cliff
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

keep banging away.....enjoy