Best Retro PU 40 Scope

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
Spec4

Best Retro PU 40 Scope

Post by Spec4 »

I have an original PU scope on my 91/30 Mosin sniper but am looking for the best retro PU 40 Scope that fits perfectly on my original scope mount. I want a replacement so I can take the firearm to the range as I want to start reloading my own ammo for it. I realise most of the retro scopes probably come with mounts and bases that I don’t need but I will have to purchase the whole package and just have to suck up the parts I don’t need. Any brand information would be appreciated.
♦️ CBTRY 5/4 ARTY
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Best Retro PU 40 Scope

Post by Darryl »

Crickets!??

Well, not a lot of experience with reproduction sniper anything here on the forum I guess.

All of those reproductions should fit the original mounts.

Personally, I shoot my original scope with no problems. They are tough. After all, they went through a World War! :chuckles:

Darryl
Spec4

Post by Spec4 »

It’s just the parallax and eye relief that bothers me on my original scope. Just gettin’ old I guess.
♦️ CBTRY 5/4 ARTY
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Spec4 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:13 pm It’s just the parallax and eye relief that bothers me on my original scope. Just gettin’ old I guess.
Happens to all of us.

Darryl
collector 30 or 60

Post by collector 30 or 60 »

Try the VOMZ brand reproduction PU scope. They are made in Russia, so not sure how easy it will be to acquire one now. I have one, and it's amazing.
wickmac

Post by wickmac »

Hallo.
Auch meine Augen sind nicht mehr die Besten!!! Habe gerade VOMZ angeschrieben für eine gute Alternative zum PU...
Gruß wickmac

Hello.
My eyes aren't the best either!!! Just wrote to VOMZ for a good alternative to PU...
greetings wickmac
wickmac

Post by wickmac »

Hallo...
Ich wollte kurzmitteilen, das ich eine Antwort von VOMZ bekommen habe... Leider ist im Moment nichts lieferbar. Hoffentlich ist das alles bald vorbei...
Gruß wickmac
wickmac

Post by wickmac »

Now I known where the problem is. Milman pointed itout to me. I write everything in german.

... My eyes are nlo longer the best either. Have just written VOMZ for a good alternative to the PU.

... I just wanted to let you known that i have received a reaply from VOMZ. Unfortunately nothing is available at the moment. Hopefully it will all be over soon.
Best regards wickmac