Considering M28-76 sale

Buy and sell here. WTS, WTT, WTB
This is not a forum, please no chit chat
Read the rules first and remember, the forums are not a party to any transactions.
VLD

Considering M28-76 sale

Post by VLD »

I am considering the sale of my M28-76 rifle and accessories. I thought I would give the folks here a run at it before it goes to GB. The stock is solid with no signs of weakening in the wrist and just a few arsenal dings.

If you would like to make a serious offer (knowing the relative market value) the feel free to PM me for more info.

Having used it to satisfy my 'iron sight' desire during one of my days on the 600yd league, it has come time to pass it on to the next collector.

Let me just say here what an amazing thrill it was to line up a 24" black circle in those twin dipoter circles and watch it come into focus as a tiny black dot... and then HIT IT! Not just once, but with every shot. Sure I had to do some work-up rounds at 100-300yds to figure the drops and tune the diopter, but after 2 sight-in shots it was nothing but black for this wonderful shooter.

The icing on the cake of course was the hit on the actual 'X' shown in the picture. My target puller was so amazed he didn't bother to blot it with a sticker. Frankly they were all amazed when I showed up to shoot iron sights (erryone loves their scopes), but the Finnish Mosin didn't disappoint!

The collection includes:
a) 1968 SAKO M28-76 7.62x53R (.308/9) built on 1930 Izhevsk HEX receiver with matching S/N bolt - Import stamped, SAKO wheel, 3600 proof mark
b) 3 Rear Diopters (.9/1.1/1.3)
c) 7 Front sight inserts (3 post, 4 loop)
d) Finnish SY grease can
e) Anshutz bipod adapter
f) Finnish Blue Cross Medal
g) Challenge Coin - Finnish Defense Attache
h) 60x Lapua 7.62x53R unfired brass
i) 100ct Berger 30CAL 190g VLD match grade bullets

...and of course the center 'X' of the 600yd target shot with the above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Considering M28-76 sale

Post by Darryl »

VLD

Post by VLD »

C'mon DARYL we all know you don't GAF about this rifle because it has no blood on it. If it isn't part of some soldier's misery you don't want it. I've seen the condescention you can't help but pour on others.

This post was more about it going to someone who would appreciate it, obviously I came looking in the wrong spot.

I was considering letting the lot go for $1500 but here is a special offer:

Any member of this site can have it for $2000.

Mark couldn't have found better hands for his site than you 2!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I guess someone, not naming names, got his or her panties in a wad over the rules. All I can say is, "Bless their heart."
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

All I said is .......
1) You have to put a price on it. This is not an auction

2) you have to have a certain amount of posts in order to sell on this website. This is for the security of our regular members.

THOSE are the rules. I never said I didn't like what it was or anything about "blood" :chuckles: I don't care what it is. Don't like it, take a walk.
Darryl