Win. Legendary Frontiersman

Modern rifles and Sportsters are discussed here.

Sportsters:
We don't advocate making Sportsters from military surplus rifles. We do recognize the ones already made in years past as pieces of history and of importance (such as the Bannerman, Blindee and old custom sportsters). If you bought one, you may show it here. Discussion of how to do this kind of work is not allowed. It is contrary to our over all forum values. So please don't abuse this forum. All final decisions will be made by the Administrators and no one else please. Non permanent alterations may be shown here but keep in mind, if it is in conflict with the "spirit" of these forums, we may remove it at our discretion.
Cliff

Win. Legendary Frontiersman

Post by Cliff »

I bought this like-new win model 1894 rifle because it was chambered in 38-55. I have dies and brass to reload for this one. Can't remember posting this here if I have posted this one blame it on old age. I really can't make up my mind to shoot this one.
It's so pretty I hate to scratch it up.
+dhic aka cliff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Win. Legendary Frontiersman

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That reminds me of the 336 Marlin in .35 rem that was a raffle prize and never fired since 1974. It came my way after the owner passed, he was a pistol shooter that just stuck the rifle in the safe and left it there for 45 years. I haven't decided to shoot it either given I have another like it that I shot many times. My 1894 Winchester 30-30 has been shot and will be shot some more, that .38-55 looks too pretty to shoot, but you probably aren't going to hurt it by putting a few down range so long as you handle it with care.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

That is a beautiful rifle!

Darryl
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is a nice piece.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Very nice :thumbsup:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

You gotta see if it's a legendary shooter. Tie a blanket around it or something . You could wrap it in that stretchy gauze tape that sticks to itself.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"