Any Military / LEO Shotgun Collectors Out There ?

Everything shotgun discussed here.
JoeR

Any Military / LEO Shotgun Collectors Out There ?

Post by JoeR »

How many people out there collect old Military used or LEO used Shotguns ? Love to see pictures / hear stories about them if anyone wants to share.
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Any Military / LEO Shotgun Collectors Out There ?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I don't collect them, but I do have four that are in my defensive weapons arsenal. 1897 Winchester trench gun, real one, not a Chinesium knockoff, Winchester Model 12 trench gun that had it's stock cut back for ruck gun use in Vietnam, Beretta A300 former British military stainless steel autoloader, and Mossberg 590. All function, all still on the job. No pictures available at the moment
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:15 pm I don't collect them, but I do have four that are in my defensive weapons arsenal. 1897 Winchester trench gun, real one, not a Chinesium knockoff, Winchester Model 12 trench gun that had it's stock cut back for ruck gun use in Vietnam, Beretta A300 former British military stainless steel autoloader, and Mossberg 590. All function, all still on the job. No pictures available at the moment
Boss I'm convinced that you have 4 of everything. :chuckles: Sounds like some nice pieces that have important jobs.
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I been around awhile, things pile up over time. I have many shotguns, but these four are the military ones. I also have a Stevens pump, 520, or 620, I forget, I was told at the time I bought it that it had been used for training aircraft machine gunners during the war. They shot skeet to learn how to lead a target. Could be true, but the gun has no military markings.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt