Happy New Years folks!

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
SA1911a1

Happy New Years folks!

Post by SA1911a1 »

I am posting a little early because tomorrow I intend to get drunk early and stay all day. I thought I would drive to all of the gun shops in my tri-state area! Just kidding. I finished with alcohol over 20 years ago, so it will be another boring evening. I don't stay up to watch the ball drop and haven't for a long, long time. It always comes with or without me watching.

I am glad to have beaten the Grim Reaper out of another year and I am glad you guys have too! For me, it has been a good one, I have grown fatter and lazier, and have learned that all of the stuff that I used to think that I had to do will go undone without harsh penalties. Had I know that as a young man I would have never amounted to anything. I guess that is why old men don't spread it around.

“May the road rise to meet you; may the wind be always at your back; may the rain fall softly on your fields; may the sun shine kindly upon your face; and may the Lord ever hold you in the hollow of His hand.”

Happy New Year!

PS Hey, Jim, try to stay out of jail! ;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Happy New Years folks!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Given how reduced my traveling is these days staying out of jail is no problem, I rarely leave home.

That last bit of that Irish blessing is " and may you be three days in heaven before the devil finds out your dead"

Happy New Year Steve, Happy new year everyone. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:

New Years prediction, another 12 months of the same old shit.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

May your grocery store not look like the ones in Russia this winter. Covid has left my legs fubar with arthritis , one year now. I've fought it, it don't seem to be going away. I've probably run my last ridge. I'm hoping for a better year in the physical sense, and looking for everything else to keep on like it is for a while and then get worse. I hope I'm wrong.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

steel,

sorry for the never ending issues.....sitting at age 83, good health, still going right along, I am hoping for a short winter and an early spring.....

happy new year......we all need one.......
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Not much going on in this household, just watching old movies on TCM. Might watch the ball drop on Fox News. Why Fox news you ask? Well because all the other news channels are full of bullshit. But when it's midnight there it will only be 10:00 pm here.
Wifey will be in bed before midnight but I'll stay up and I might even have a glass of wine. :thumbsup:

Wishing all the best for everyone and Happy New Year. :wave.gif:
RudyN

Post by RudyN »

Thank you and a Happy New Year to you and everyone here.
Rudy N
1926 Izhevsk 91/30 (Ex-Dragoon)
1929 Izhevsk 91/30 (Ex-Dragoon)
1935 Tula 91/30
1943 Izhevsk 91/30
1943 Tula 91/30
1943 Tula M38
1944 Izhevsk M44
1944 VKT M39
1928 SIG M28
1956 T53
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

20 minutes left of 2022, so far I am fighting off sleep, several naps as the day went on are helping. Rain is still falling, the idiots in times square have to be wet and frozen by now. Positive thing about the rain is nobody can tell they pissed their pants because no bathroom facilities are provided and they lock down something like six hours in advance of the ball drop, maybe longer, no one in and no one out. Enjoy the New Year.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Happy New Year all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
jr612

Post by jr612 »

Possibly the worst new years eve/day ever for me. I've been sick with some stomach bug. Hope everyone had a better new years celebration than I did.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Happy New Years everyone....

My ass was asleep before midnight. We got back into town on Saturday night, picked up the dogs and tried to go to sleep...I was up until 0500 Sunday. On New Years eve my ass was in bed at 2100 and out before 2200, he'll I didn't even hear the celebratory fireworks at 0000, unlike the CINC Household who heard it all.

CINC Household decided we needed to do a family getaway so the day after Christmas CINC and I loaded up the Beast, and our daughter, SIL and our granddaughter in their car headed North of Panama City, Florida, our oldest son, DIL, granddaughter and our only grandson headed over from Bluffton SC, our other son had to work, so he and his GF didn't join us.

Once we arrived Monday at the "Getaway" the truck didn't move again until we pulled out on Friday. They walked my ass all over that damn town, up and down hills. Can't tell you how many times I heard it's just around the corner Dad....Just to find out that meant 2 miles around the corner.

Man did we spend some money. Feeding everyone (Lunch and dinner) during the trip ran us in the excess of $1000.00. We were averaging $150.00 per meal....

All joking aside, we, yes that includes my grumpy ole ass, had a great time. Got to see and reconnect with two of the grandkids I only see twice or three times a year. The walking was good for me and my health, even if the aches say otherwise.

While we didn't get any snow that stuck during our trip, man was it frigging cold.

Picture 1: I was greeted with this view upon our arrival on Monday 26 Dec.
Picture 2: Some light snow flurries on Monday 26 Dec.
Picture 3: I was greeted with this view on the morning of Wednesday 28 Dec.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ffuries on Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Went to bed at 11:35 and was out by 11:40

Woke up at 12:00 to some loud fireworks and was back out at 12:03! :chuckles:

New years is just not that important to me anymore.

Happy 2023 everyone!

Darryl
jeffpada

Post by jeffpada »

Same to you , am new here nice meeting you all.
jeffpada

Post by jeffpada »

Darryl wrote:Went to bed at 11:35 and was out by 11:40

Woke up at 12:00 to some loud fireworks and was back out at 12:03! :chuckles:

New years is just not that important to me anymore.

Happy 2023 everyone!

Darryl
I like what you qoute here