M39 Sneak

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Ole Bob

M39 Sneak

Post by Ole Bob »

Hello all and a Merry Christmas to you.
I am getting a little old to shoot and enjoy my Mosin's.
I'm thinking of putting my M39 up for sale but not sure of what value to place on it.
It is a 1968 No manufacturer name on the breech.
Looking for help from my Mosin friends.
Can anyone give me a good starting price to ask for.
Any help would be appreciated.
Getting out of the high-power business.
Thank You
Ole Bob
Again, Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: M39 Sneak

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Merry Christmas Bob. I haven't kept current on M39 prices, let alone one of the harder to find dates. I can only say what the price would be on my 1968, or my 1967, 1969, or 1970. There isn't one, I don't care if you walk in here with a hundred grand, they are not for sale, wait for my estate sale like everyone else. I am not done playing with them, and I am not cold or hungry, or looking to fund some big project. I was lucky enough to be able to find all four of those years one time, and that will never be likely to happen again. No rule anyplace that has it you must shoot the rifles in your collection, just owning them and enjoying the history is enough.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt