Unknown SKS

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
gunbb

Unknown SKS

Post by gunbb »

So I bought this at a pawn shop and it looks to be in good shape. All the parts match except the stock. Based on the serial number, can someone tell me who made it ? I believe the stock is Chinese . I tried to put a spike bayonet on the gun but it hangs down from the stock when folded. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CavemanSteve

Re: Unknown SKS

Post by CavemanSteve »

It's Chinese, but a very early one that had a blade bayonet. The stock is a replacement. A photo of the bayonet groove and ferrule that the bayo sits in would show if it's for a blade or spike. Blade ferrule will have a V notch, while a spike ferrule will have a U notch.
gunbb

Post by gunbb »

OK, thanks. I used to have an SKS collection but sold it off because I got bored. I'll try a blade bayonet.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

gunbb wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:42 am OK, thanks. I used to have an SKS collection but sold it off because I got bored. I'll try a blade bayonet.
Beside the serial number, on the receiver, does it have a factory 26 triangle ? If it has a stock for a spike, I think you have to cut the U notch deeper or the tip of the blade will stick out... I think .
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
gunbb

Post by gunbb »

No triangle 26 . I know that is Chinese . I'm just going to sell it.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

It has the correct serial number, two letters and 4 digits to be Romanian. Without the factory 26 mark, I'm thinking it is. The small triangle on the bolt would be another indicator. Does it have import marks, near the muzzle maybe ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Show the entire rifle also. LOL

Darryl