Ammo

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
Tula44

Ammo

Post by Tula44 »

Went to a local store today and while there is more ammo on the shelves the prices don't seem too much better, but not as bad as a year ago. A box of 9mm TulAmmo was listed for $20. I won't be purchasing any 9mm or .45 ACP until the prices come down more.

Right now I'm looking at buying more 7.62x39 ammo since it's only $8.99 a box so I picked up a few boxes today. The guy working the counter saw me and said, "Might as well get a basket, there is no limit to how much you can purchase" lol. I'm glad to see 7.62x39 is still affordable :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SA1911a1

Re: Ammo

Post by SA1911a1 »

We showed the ammo makers and distributers what we were willing to pay for their products. They ain't forgetting. Hoarding was self-inflicted wound that keeps on hurting.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I have enough ammo till I die! ;mywink; And maybe after that too. :chuckles:

Darryl
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

The PPU defense line is some VG ammo. I shoot it in my Romanian Tokarev, It's more accurate than the Romanian ball ammo I have. No feed issues either.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I've stocked up on the Monarch brand 7.62x39 from Academy, it's basically rebranded Brown Bear. They went to a zinc coating on their hollowpoints which I tell people those are my werewolf and vampire ammo. I also started reloading for x39 for hunting rounds, the 123gr Hornady SST bullet shoots fantastic our of my x39 AR.
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

SA1911a1 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:55 pm We showed the ammo makers and distributers what we were willing to pay for their products. They ain't forgetting. Hoarding was self-inflicted wound that keeps on hurting.
The prices were pretty crazy, $50 for a box of 9mm. I have a nice supple of handgun ammo so I'm glad I don't have to spend the money on it.
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

mogunner wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:08 pm I've stocked up on the Monarch brand 7.62x39 from Academy, it's basically rebranded Brown Bear. They went to a zinc coating on their hollowpoints which I tell people those are my werewolf and vampire ammo. I also started reloading for x39 for hunting rounds, the 123gr Hornady SST bullet shoots fantastic our of my x39 AR.
Academy is where I picked up my ammo. Next time I'm there I'll have to see if they have any Monarch. I have a couple of boxes of Brown Bear.
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:33 am The PPU defense line is some VG ammo. I shoot it in my Romanian Tokarev, It's more accurate than the Romanian ball ammo I have. No feed issues either.
I like PPU ammo. I have some of their 8mm Mauser ammo.