Heat and more heat!

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Heat and more heat!

Post by Darryl »

It has been between 105 and 115 degrees every day since last Thursday.
I have to say, it is sucking the life out of me little at a time!

I went into the Garage on Monday in the morning and had to leave around 10:00 am. Just to Damn hot.

OK, most of you know I live in California.

The "leadership" of this state has not allowed a new power station to be build in almost 40 years now.
So, we are told we can't run the A/C between 2pm and 9pm every night.
And not charging electric cars between 2 pm and 10 pm also.
That is because they don't have enough power for the "grid".

It takes 15 to 20 years to get through the planning and regulatory process to build a power station 2040 before one could go online!
They won't allow natural gas, or coal. No neuc. either. Only wind and solar.
But the people who know says .......wind and power is no where close to being able to supply all the power Calif needs. Not for 50 years or more.
Something about "no sun days" and "no wind days".

So, what does our leadership in Sacramento, CA do, they pass a law that you can't buy or bring into Calif a gasoline care. It has to be electric.
Where in the Hell do they think the power is going to come from?
My neighbor has an electric car. He was bitching he couldn't get to work because the car didn't care last night! :chuckles:
I guess it was on a timer to charge at 12 midnight and it didn't!

Here is the great part........it didn't get charged because we had a minor power outage (because of the heat) and it screwed up his timer! :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:

What a bunch of Boobs.

Darryl
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Heat and more heat!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Take my AC away during the hottest part of the day.? The revolution would start early, shitbag politician heads on stakes. That is the only way this shit ends.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

We lived in Arizona for several years and we moved back to the east coast at the end of April. I don't miss that heat at all, I'll take the humidity any day over that heat.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I would be packing up & leaving that State.... When you think they can't get any dumber regarding policy, they then find a way.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I'm not a fan of hot temps either but what is worse is the smoke of nearby forest fires.

We have one about 40 miles west of us in Jasper (15,000 acres) but the darn smoke is coming this way.

https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Stop complaining about the heat, you know how that bastard Murphy works don't you? He hears you complaining about the heat, and he will oblige you with a nuclear winter to cool you right down.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I've seen pictures of Californians with their electric cars hooked to gasoline generators. :lol: They might as well drive a '69 Plymouth Fury 440, no catalytic converters on those generators.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That weather report is just insane. It didn't get that hot down here this summer. Right now it is 80 degrees outside, cloudy and rain is coming. (a few minutes before noon) We had a smoking June and early July, but it has since moderated. I guess we will pay for that with a cross-fire hurricane in the next couple of months.

I was looking at some pictures of what used to be the Rio Grande River, a hundred miles of sand and dust. In the next couple of decades, unless things change, we will be seeing world-wide migration from places that can no longer support life. I just hope that the Texans go North instead of East. ;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

SA1911a1 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:58 am That weather report is just insane. It didn't get that hot down here this summer. Right now it is 80 degrees outside, cloudy and rain is coming. (a few minutes before noon) We had a smoking June and early July, but it has since moderated. I guess we will pay for that with a cross-fire hurricane in the next couple of months.

I was looking at some pictures of what used to be the Rio Grande River, a hundred miles of sand and dust. In the next couple of decades, unless things change, we will be seeing world-wide migration from places that can no longer support life. I just hope that the Texans go North instead of East. ;)
The Colorado river used to run hard all the way into Mexico.
Then LA got a hold of their water and it now doesn't reach Mexico, and it sad to look at even at the end in the USA. Nothing left for Mexico! :chuckles:
Now, LA is after our water. They have more population down there then we do so they have more representatives in Sacrament then us. They gang up and take the water we built up from us and we can't do a damn thing about it! That's why some want to split the state in two, but they won't allow it! More votes!
Now we are having a drought up here in Northern Calif. We normally would have enough water to get by but not now because of LA taking it. So, we are on water restrictions and they are not. Figure that one out. They water their golf coarse with out water while all my plants and lawns are dying.

Yesterday it was 105.
Today it supposed to get to 110 or above.
Then Friday 97
Saturday it is supposed to be about 85.
I'll probably pass out from the temp change somewhere on Saturday morning??
This is what some call "Indian Summer".
I guess this is our "global warming"! :chuckles: And it happens every year!

Then (most of the time) we will be going down in the 80's in end of Sept to Oct.

Best part is, after this, the lowest we usually get down to is the 40's during winter. When we go to the high 30's we cry and moan, then we look at where most of you guys are at and think, "that's not so bad".! :chuckles:

So, don't laugh at us right now because our miseries are about to end, and others are coming up on winter and about to start! ;mywink;

:BBQ2:

Darryl
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Oh yea, I hear it from several quarters, people I know who left the state because they didn't like the politics of the current people in charge. They cut and run instead of standing and fighting, and now they are in hot uncomfortable places. It never went above 95 this summer so far, and that was two whole days for a few hours in the afternoon. Lots of 80's and not much rain, but no lack of water, no wildfires, no floods either for that matter. One asshole who shall remain nameless has sold the Tennessee compound he bought a few years back and is coming back to NYS. Not so worried about the commie rat fuck left leaning politicians now that he had a taste of real heat. I can't wait to welcome him back with reminders of that long winded speech about why he was blowing town a few years back.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

OK, this week we are in the mid 70's!!!!

I'm not kidding. From 115 down to 72 degrees in one week!

Well, this is much better then last week and I shouldn't complain! :BBQ2:

Darryl