Moving Day or Night....

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Moving Day or Night....

Post by ffuries »

After a short paperwork snafu, we took possession of the keys and house a bit ago. At 1951 hours my stubborn wife and our stubborn son decide to start moving stuff into the house. I'm currently useless, everytime I try to do something right now (Even pushing a broom) my acid reflux issue flares up. The pain is bad enough to make you think you are having a heart attack.

Oh, and the debris dumpster was picked up to day, the porta potty should be gone in the next day or so. The house stuff is being moved into the house, the garage stuff into the garage temporarily until we get everything sorted. Then the garage stuff will be consolidated into the smaller pod, and the larger empty pod picked up. This is so we can pour the leveler on the garage floor, in preparation for enclosing it. Then we'll move the stuff into the garage.

When I took the pictures I did one with and one without flash. It's even darker out as I make this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Moving Day or Night....

Post by Darryl »

AAAAHHHHHH.....better you then me! :chuckles:

Darryl
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Looks like tons of fun from way up here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Well they moved stuff until 2330 last night, then my wife was back over at 0600 this morning, followed by our one son at 0900. By 1000 this morning they had the one POD completely empty. She has sent a request to have it picked up already.

As for me, I just stay out of the way and let them do their thing, while I keep the dogs and the evil cat company. Tonight will be the first time we'll sleep in our own house since the night of 27 February 2022. Looking forward to it.....
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

When I was a kid, we moved a lot. Almost always at night as my father was trying to outrun the rent.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

That's good you'll be back in your own house, I hope the medical side of things gets worked out for you. It took my wife and I a while to get everything unpacked and situation in the house when we moved a few months ago, it just takes time.