Repairs and Health Update

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Repairs and Health Update

Post by ffuries »

Well repairs are moving along fast now, flooring is scheduled to go down tomorrow. Probably looking at sometime next week for it to get signed over to us. There are a few things CINC Household has told me she WILL change one we get back in the house. I'll just stay out of her way and let her do her thing.

Since the house is now technically considered repaired and habitable, we were able to finally get the house re-insured today. Only running $212.21 a month. Still pissed we got screwed by the previous insurance company and ended up with no insurance between 2008 and the hurricane without our knowledge. When we refinanced the house, the insurance and property taxes were no longer included in the mortgage, we weren't informed of that. I don't pay property taxes, due to being a disabled veteran, so it didn't raise and red flags. After winning our 2 year fight (2006-2008) with our then current insurance company over roof repairs, and then after our refinancing in 2008, they passed us off to one of their partner companies. When we failed to make the payment after the refinance, instead of them reaching out to us to see why, they just dropped us. But never notified us or our mortgage holder, then when the hurricane hit, we reached out to the insurance company and learned our fate. I'll never recommend the first company, and the second one (Can't recall their name) went out of business after the hurricane (Serves the bastards right). But that is water under the bridge now, the house is repaired and insured and was paid off in 2019, and life goes on.

Health wise.....I'm being scheduled for an Upper GI Endoscopic exam, along with Abdominal CT-Scan. Over the last two or three weeks almost everything I would eat was hurting me to the point I thought I was having a Heart Attack. So it's either GERDS, Ulcers or something. Eating bland food, no coffee, no soda, no beer. Right now if I had some of CINC Household's chili, spaghetti etc I would pay for it for hours. Hell I can't even enjoy some good ole fashion greasy bacon. Just don't understand why this would just start out of the blue with no warning. Oh well just another speed bump on the road of life.

Just looking forward to sleeping in my own bed soon, and getting back into a normal routine. Our neighbor who has graciously let us camp out at his house, has asked if he can come stay with us. His girl friend is becoming a handful, and he can't deal with her anymore, and her daughter doesn't want her back either. He has basically said either she goes home to her own house (Where her daughter lives for free), goes to a facility, or he's going to find somewhere else to stay until she does one of the above.....Drama, drama.....!

Well time for me to relax, and see if I chill out. Yall take care and hopefully soon I'll be back to being a regular on here again.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Repairs and Health Update

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's Florida, you got gators to feed inconvenient problems to. What's the neighbor's problem? Why hasn't he just told the girlfriend to pack her rags and get the fuck out? She's a girlfriend, not a wife, harder to do that with a wife. Girlfriend sounds like what the kids call a " Karen" these days. Neighbor maybe needs to grow some balls and deal with the problem rather than running from his own home. I would be dipped in a vat of warm shit before I ever left my home because I was afraid of tossing out some Karen.

Good news about the house, get back home, who needs the fuckin drama of somebody else's bad relationship on top of all the other crap. That food thing is bad, what the hell are you eating? With that list of shit your not eating you pretty much covered my entire diet. No bacon? Fuck no, just take me now, I am eating bacon as I type, what's breakfast without it? I hope you get that shit squared away before you starve to death. Good luck in the rebuilt house, and with the insurance company.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Sorry to hear about the stomach issues... Hopefully the Doc will find a simple solution & your back on the bacon train. Honestly, I would be missing Coffee the most.

Glad to hear your going back home; But I would pass on letting the kind neighbor moving in with you. I can guarantee this Karen would be over bugging him & you within days. I'm with Jim; Send her on a self-guided tour of a gator pond with some of that bacon you can't eat. I'm sure gators like bacon too.

Enjoy the house & good luck on the tummy getting back to normal!

Ron :D
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Just signed for the house, we'll start moving back in first thing in the AM.....Homeward bound as this long journey ends, and a new one begins.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

ffuries wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:27 pm Health wise.....I'm being scheduled for an Upper GI Endoscopic exam, along with Abdominal CT-Scan. Over the last two or three weeks almost everything I would eat was hurting me to the point I thought I was having a Heart Attack. So it's either GERDS, Ulcers or something. Eating bland food, no coffee, no soda, no beer. Right now if I had some of CINC Household's chili, spaghetti etc I would pay for it for hours. Hell I can't even enjoy some good ole fashion greasy bacon. Just don't understand why this would just start out of the blue with no warning. Oh well just another speed bump on the road of life
Hey, that a free "high" LOL

I've had 8 endoscopy procedures in my life. 5 of them last year! :chuckles: I have Old scares from an old ulcer. It closes off the exit from my stomach. Nothing will pass. Last time I lost 52 lbs in 2 months till I finally went in. They go in and open it up with a balloon type thing. Last time they tore the exit and I ented up in the hospital. Then they took my Gallbladder the next day!
It's a snap and you know nothing after.

Hey, if they decide to do a colonoscopy also, make sure they wipe the camera off in between! :chuckles:

Darryl
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Darryl wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:19 pm
ffuries wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:27 pm Health wise.....I'm being scheduled for an Upper GI Endoscopic exam, along with Abdominal CT-Scan. Over the last two or three weeks almost everything I would eat was hurting me to the point I thought I was having a Heart Attack. So it's either GERDS, Ulcers or something. Eating bland food, no coffee, no soda, no beer. Right now if I had some of CINC Household's chili, spaghetti etc I would pay for it for hours. Hell I can't even enjoy some good ole fashion greasy bacon. Just don't understand why this would just start out of the blue with no warning. Oh well just another speed bump on the road of life
Hey, that a free "high" LOL

I've had 8 endoscopy procedures in my life. 5 of them last year! :chuckles: I have Old scares from an old ulcer. It closes off the exit from my stomach. Nothing will pass. Last time I lost 52 lbs in 2 months till I finally went in. They go in and open it up with a balloon type thing. Last time they tore the exit and I ented up in the hospital. Then they took my Gallbladder the next day!
It's a snap and you know nothing after.

Hey, if they decide to do a colonoscopy also, make sure they wipe the camera off in between! :chuckles:

Darryl
Hell, they better do the top side before the bottom side........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Darryl wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:19 pm

Hell, they better do the top side before the bottom side........
That's exactly what I told them!!!
He told me it was a different camera......yeah, right. :chuckles:

Seriously, It is an easy procedure. You won't remember anything because of the drugs they give you. I remember talking to one of the Dr's about football and the next thing I remembered is waking up in the recovery.

Darryl