Is this windage normal?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Austin26

Is this windage normal?

Post by Austin26 »

So here's my zero, confirmed it to 200 yds. It's not far from falling off the side. The rear sights look normal and centered. I don't mind the front sight post being installed off centered but I would prefer the post to stand straight, though I know this kind of thing is common. Am I doing something wrong here?

Edit: she shoots great. I've only shot a few 91/30s but this one is the best. 1.5-2" groups at 50 yds and sub 5.5" groups at 200 yds. Though I need more trigger time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
House Beagle

Re: Is this windage normal?

Post by House Beagle »

Bayonet on or off at the range?

Reason I ask is because Russian M91/30s were sighted in with bayonets attached. Most 91/30s I’ve shot without the bayonet patterned high and a fair bit to the right. Judging by your adjustment, you saw something similar with your rifle.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No, that is not normal for all 91/30's, just this one. They set the sight where it had to be for the rifle to shoot straight with the bayonet mounted.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Austin26

Post by Austin26 »

Thank y'all. I don't desire shooting with a bayonet attached so I'll figure something out or loctite it.