Gun Move Today.......

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Gun Move Today.......

Post by ffuries »

Doing a final wipe down, inventory (Bumping SNs against what I have in the gun book), there is another dozen guns between handguns and rifles downstairs.

Later tonight when it's dark, we'll transfer the guns to a garaged vehicle, and transfer them to another garage location and unload them. So not to attract too much attention.

Sunday night we'll relocate to the next door neighbors house for a month or so. Guns won't be stored there except my and the wife's carry guns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Tula44

Re: Gun Move Today.......

Post by Tula44 »

Awesome collection! :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Extra :cool2: . You better take one long gun with you for the Russian paratroopers. :shifty: and 1000 rounds. And one for your wife. And a shotgun for human assault waves. and more ammo..........
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

they are all UNLOADED...correct....?
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:55 pm they are all UNLOADED...correct....?
Yeap, ALL unloaded......LOL!
Last edited by ffuries on Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:46 pm Extra :cool2: . You better take one long gun with you for the Russian paratroopers. :shifty: and 1000 rounds. And one for your wife. And a shotgun for human assault waves. and more ammo..........
Two pistols and two ARs are going with us.......
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I bought a Ridgid job tool box, from Lowes, before Hurricane Michael to store mine in, secure from weather. It was a good investment, I was able to get 50 or so rifles in it, layered with blankets. That would be just the trick for your move.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Saturday night my guns will finally come home to roost after 178 days of storage. They were moved on the night of 24 Feb 2022 and will come home the night of 20 Aug 2022.

They were loaded up in our garage, moved to another garage for unloading. Didn't do anything in sight of anyone. They'll make the trip home the same way. I'll admit I did walk from next door back to the house with the 2 ARs I brought over there, but it was 2100 when I did that.

I'll do a inventory once I get home, along with a complete check and wipe down. I guess with the weapons coming home it's a sign that this journey is almost over. Once the storage pods are picked up, I'll post pictures of the house pre storm, post storm, and post repairs.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

what will your wife do with all of her free time...?
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

It looks like the way the BATF lays out gus and says "seized a large firearms stash". All assault rifles.

Darryl
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:57 pm what will your wife do with all of her free time...?
Oh, trust me that woman doesn't slow down. Now that main house repairs are done, she'll do some customizing with her touch. Once the leveling is the garage is finished, she'll paint, lay flooring etc.

Then there are the other projects we're getting price quotes for. Having the garage enclosed, depending on price she's taking about a reinforced insulated door, until it gets enclosed (We were quoted around $8000.00 in 2016, so it'll be more now to enclose it).Our 8x15 patio pad out back, will be torn up and a new 10x30 pad poured then screened in (Quoted $15000 00 in 2016). Driveway will be extended 3 feet on either side adding 6 feet in width, then completely sealed. Whole house generator is on the list of stuff to be installed.

Then there is the shed, we're going to add some more electrical to it, then insulate it, and drywall it, cut a hole in the back wall. install a window, so the window AC unit can be installed where it's not seen). Then she'll paint it inside and then she'll paint the outside to match the house. Plus she is going to build a Pergola over the Koi pond.

I'm telling you the woman never stops,....She wouid make the Energizer Bunny go AWOL!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Darryl wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:51 pm It looks like the way the BATF lays out gus and says "seized a large firearms stash". All assault rifles.

Darryl
It does, doesn't it! Wouldn't be surprise if the picture ended up being in article claiming that, or being claimed as weapons from a gun buy back program!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

yeah, throw in a few oil bottles and they would call them "explosive devices". :chuckles:

Darryl
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Darryl wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:26 pm yeah, throw in a few oil bottles and they would call them "explosive devices". :chuckles:

Darryl
They wouid soil themselves, if they saw the M72 LAW tube, and the inert hand grenades, etc. They would claim I had amassed WMDs.....
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Well here's the guns coming home to roost. We laid them out on the floor on an old blanket, and some went on the racks, before we thought it out. We moved the racks upstairs temporarily, until the garage is done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Good to see them home again. :D
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt