Trying to understand this sale...

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Hadrian65

Trying to understand this sale...

Post by Hadrian65 »

Hi,

Still new to the hobby. I saw this auction finish on Gunbroker yesterday. What exactly am I seeing?
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/916782616

Thanks,

John
qz2026

Re: Trying to understand this sale...

Post by qz2026 »

You are seeing the nonsense that is now collecting and the influx of new buyers who have no idea what the value of guns are or what the guns, themselves, are. I feel sorry for the sellers. Most of the time, these bidders are non paying. Anymore a good price for this gun would be around $350. If it were an original it would be worth more. But, this one isn't. It's a standard refurbished Mosin. This was just a multiple newbie bidding war of insane proportions. Now the boys have had their fun... someone has to pay now.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

There is no rational explanation. The rifle was already over-priced before the eventual winner placed his first bid to exceed the $440.00 bid. Who knows, someone may have been playing a joke on the seller. It could have been that there was alcohol involved, and the two got into a pissing contest over the thing, but, you can bet that the money will never change hands on that auction.

All of the parties involved are relatively new to GB. The seller has 14 sales, the two bidders that ran the price up have five completed transactions between them. The two may just be shill accounts. If someone, other than those two had jumped in at around the $600.00 mark they may have let the new bidder have it. People play all kinds of shitty games over there trolling for the next sucker.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

And this "Shipping - Ground $65.00" Yikes!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have several spares like this, pretty much exactly like the one sold. If someone wants to give me $2150 cash I will happily ship it with insurance for free. I might even ship it in a hard case with some free big lollypops tucked inside. Blue ones, red, orange green, whatever flavor you want.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

qz2026 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:37 am You are seeing the nonsense that is now collecting and the influx of new buyers who have no idea what the value of guns are or what the guns, themselves, are. I feel sorry for the sellers. Most of the time, these bidders are non paying. Anymore a good price for this gun would be around $350. If it were an original it would be worth more. But, this one isn't. It's a standard refurbished Mosin. This was just a multiple newbie bidding war of insane proportions. Now the boys have had their fun... someone has to pay now.
That rifle will be relisted, due to a non paying bidder. Those guys with 1 GB deal won't pay, I think I had 5 non paying last year.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My vision isn't that good, maybe there is a message carved on the stock, if found please return to Uncle Joe care of the Kremlin Moscow or we kill you and cut you up in little pieces, feed to dog.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

There is no rational explanation for that bidding war. Perhaps two friends became rich from crypto currency and wasted their money on a bidding war for a common refurb
Mosin Fanboy
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Maybe the seller told them he would ship it without FFL or some shit like that, or the bidders are going to murder each other with it, the first to get the rifle lives.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

Wow. That's pretty crazy.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tula44 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:43 am Wow. That's pretty crazy.
The world we live in now, crazy is the new normal.
Theodore Roosevelt
daveshady

Post by daveshady »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Tula44 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:43 am Wow. That's pretty crazy.
The world we live in now, crazy is the new normal.
And the new normal is just stupid.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk