help ID 1891 westinghouse

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Jimbo

help ID 1891 westinghouse

Post by Jimbo »

I was told to ask you guys about this gun. Is it a gun that did NOT leave the U.S. I was told that if it was then i need to make sure the parts I buy are the right ones. The guy that told me he thought it was the real thing...had parts for it. (expensive parts)... please bare with me im 74 with cancer the cemo has made it tough to do stuff. I will have to see if my grandson can get pics on. He doesnt live here.
ssg_lord

Re: help ID 1891 westinghouse

Post by ssg_lord »

U.S. contract Mosin's that never left the U.S. are always nice to see and quite sought after as well, I look forward to pictures of it.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

One indication might be if you can find an import stamp on the rifle. Check on where the rifle barrel sticks out the front of the wood stock. It may be a very small print so look carefully. If not there check on the receiver. An import stamp would indicate the rifle had been out of our country at some point.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Jimbo wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:39 pm I was told to ask you guys about this gun. Is it a gun that did NOT leave the U.S. I was told that if it was then i need to make sure the parts I buy are the right ones. The guy that told me he thought it was the real thing...had parts for it. (expensive parts)... please bare with me im 74 with cancer the cemo has made it tough to do stuff. I will have to see if my grandson can get pics on. He doesnt live here.
Check Liberty Tree, top of this page, for parts you need before you pay gougers price.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"