SKS accessories and the like

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
aduckonsalts

SKS accessories and the like

Post by aduckonsalts »

Good afternoon all!

Does anyone have a preferred method to attach their ammo pouch to their sling or butt stock? Should I just use a belt for this? Are there any favorite accessories among you that you'd like to share? Looking forward to your replies.:)

-Duck
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: SKS accessories and the like

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The Soviets used cloth Maxim machine gun belts to hold extra rounds for the Mosin, not sure they did anything like that for the SKS. The US M1 carbine had a buttstock pouch that would hold two magazines, other than that I know of no military rifle that had any sort of clip or mag pouch on the weapon, or sling. With the US M1 rifle we would sometimes slide the eight round enblock clip onto the sling so it's handy to grab quickly. That doesn't work with SKS, maybe try one of the Chinese chest pouches, they hold quite a few clips of ten rounds.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Re: SKS accessories and the like

Post by steelbuttplate »

aduckonsalts wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:48 am Good afternoon all!

Does anyone have a preferred method to attach their ammo pouch to their sling or butt stock? Should I just use a belt for this? Are there any favorite accessories among you that you'd like to share? Looking forward to your replies.:)

-Duck
I like the Uncle Mikes 10 round butt stock bands. you can fit two strippers in them, one up one down.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"