Some arsehole shot a grizz and.......

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
Sonny

Some arsehole shot a grizz and.......

Post by Sonny »

Just left the carcass laying there to rot. But it gets worse, now there are two orphaned cubs who most likely won't survive the winter. :very mad:

This happened just south of the next town to the east of us and they shot it on the road. I can not tell you how much this pisses me off. There are only three reasons to shoot a Grizz.

1: During a legal hunt

2: To save your or someone else's life if the bear comes at you.

3: Shoot bears coming after livestock, ranchers have that right.

Some idiot thought that this would be cool, well I can think of other thoughts that come to mind... grrrrr

Anyway I just needed to rant to someone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ffuries

Re: Some arsehole shot a grizz and.......

Post by ffuries »

That is wrong on so many levels. Had I done something like that, my dad would have busted the rifle over my ass. I'm serious, he busted a BB gun (Wood and metal one) over my ass when I was 7 years old, for shooting up my room with it.

Was taught you hunt to eat, not to kill for fun.......!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

That's just not right.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Messy shot by the look of it, if the cubs are small can they be captured for a zoo, or wildlife preserve? Had a problem with a small animal killer some years back, we took care of that.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Anybody that would do that would smooch a goober.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:32 am Messy shot by the look of it, if the cubs are small can they be captured for a zoo, or wildlife preserve? Had a problem with a small animal killer some years back, we took care of that.
Grizz cubs stay with momma bear for two years unlike black bear cubs who only stay with momma for one year. Sounds like these cubs are two years old so they have a decent chance of surviving the winter which is good news.

copy/paste

Edson fish and wildlife officers are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the individual(s) responsible for shooting a sow grizzly bear west of Edson.
On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at around 10:30AM, Edson Fish and Wildlife officers received a public complaint of a shot and left grizzly bear, west of Edson, off the Swanson Road. The grizzly bear was shot with a high powered rifle on a logging road in an open cut block. The incident occurred between the evening of Friday October 8 and morning of Saturday October 9.
The grizzly bear is a sow with two cubs that have been frequently seen in this particular location for the past couple of weeks. The cubs are believed to be approximately 2 years old. They will be left alone as cubs at that age typically have the instincts needed to survive on their own.
In Alberta, grizzly bears are considered a threatened species, and hunting them is illegal. The maximum penalty for this offence is a fine of $100,000 and/or two years in jail.
If anyone has information regarding this incident, please call the 24-hour Report-A-Poacher line at 1-800-642-3800 or submit an online report at alberta.ca/report-poacher.aspx
You can remain anonymous. Persons who provide information that lead to charges being laid are eligible for a cash reward.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Sonny wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:41 am
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:32 am Messy shot by the look of it, if the cubs are small can they be captured for a zoo, or wildlife preserve? Had a problem with a small animal killer some years back, we took care of that.
Grizz cubs stay with momma bear for two years unlike black bear cubs who only stay with momma for one year. Sounds like these cubs are two years old so they have a decent chance of surviving the winter which is good news.

copy/paste

Edson fish and wildlife officers are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the individual(s) responsible for shooting a sow grizzly bear west of Edson.
On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at around 10:30AM, Edson Fish and Wildlife officers received a public complaint of a shot and left grizzly bear, west of Edson, off the Swanson Road. The grizzly bear was shot with a high powered rifle on a logging road in an open cut block. The incident occurred between the evening of Friday October 8 and morning of Saturday October 9.
The grizzly bear is a sow with two cubs that have been frequently seen in this particular location for the past couple of weeks. The cubs are believed to be approximately 2 years old. They will be left alone as cubs at that age typically have the instincts needed to survive on their own.
In Alberta, grizzly bears are considered a threatened species, and hunting them is illegal. The maximum penalty for this offence is a fine of $100,000 and/or two years in jail.
If anyone has information regarding this incident, please call the 24-hour Report-A-Poacher line at 1-800-642-3800 or submit an online report at alberta.ca/report-poacher.aspx
You can remain anonymous. Persons who provide information that lead to charges being laid are eligible for a cash reward.
Got to wonder if the wound seen is from scavenging or from the offending asshole trying to recover his round to prevent an ID.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

ffuries wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:15 pm

copy/paste

Got to wonder if the wound seen is from scavenging or from the offending asshole trying to recover his round to prevent an ID.
Ravens are always the first on a dead carcass followed by coyotes and other scavengers.

That string of guts you see have been pulled out by a scavenger for sure and I'm willing to bet that the eyeballs are gone too.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Sonny wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:33 pm
ffuries wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:15 pm

copy/paste

Ravens are always the first on a dead carcass followed by coyotes and other scavengers.

That string of guts you see have been pulled out by a scavenger for sure and I'm willing to bet that the eyeballs are gone too.
I see said the blind man, thanks for taking the time to explain this to me.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member