Russian PU scope.

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
AMG2244

Russian PU scope.

Post by AMG2244 »

Hey everyone!

I have a question about the reticle in a scope on a Mosin sniper I am looking at. It is a Tulsky import and after doing reading here it looks authentic.

On to my question, the reticle is centered in the scope for windage but not for elevation. The reticle is about 2/3 of the way up in elevation. The rifle is shooting at 200 yards to point of aim.

Anything I could do to center the reticle or is it okay and I’m just being too picky?
WeldonHunter

Re: Russian PU scope.

Post by WeldonHunter »

AMG2244 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:18 am Hey everyone!

I have a question about the reticle in a scope on a Mosin sniper I am looking at. It is a Tulsky import and after doing reading here it looks authentic.

On to my question, the reticle is centered in the scope for windage but not for elevation. The reticle is about 2/3 of the way up in elevation. The rifle is shooting at 200 yards to point of aim.

Anything I could do to center the reticle or is it okay and I’m just being too picky?
I'm not sure if where yours is sitting is correct or not but it does sound like the elevation is a bit high. There's an adjustment for this. I have two PUs and haven't had to fool with it. If you look here and down the page Ratnik aka Alex goes over the adjustment procedure. https://www.gunboards.com/threads/pu-sc ... de.277211/
Ratnik

Re: Russian PU scope.

Post by Ratnik »

It is not supposed to be in center. If scope is installed properly, reticle should centered at 900 meters distance setting