Empty Spam Cans.....

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
ffuries

Empty Spam Cans.....

Post by ffuries »

What to do with empty spam cans.....Here's an ideal, saw this on the internet and thought it was different and kind of funny! Instant customized front plate. I bet that would get you some weird looks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Empty Spam Cans.....

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tools, nuts and bolts, nails, loose assorted ammo, pocket change, small Victrola parts, automotive fuses, Tire valves, just some of the things old spam cans are being used for around here. I also store things in the wood crates the sets of spam cans came in, at least the crates that do not currently contain full spam cans.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:18 pm Tools, nuts and bolts, nails, loose assorted ammo, pocket change, small Victrola parts, automotive fuses, Tire valves, just some of the things old spam cans are being used for around here. I also store things in the wood crates the sets of spam cans came in, at least the crates that do not currently contain full spam cans.
True that is what every normal mechanic/tinkerer does. My grandfather had coffee cans and peanut cans full of stuff in his basement workshop. Damn if that man didn't know what was in what can, and where that can was. He send you down there with exact directions where to find something.

He even had a coffee can that he kept his chewing tobacco, cigarettes and cigars in.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ffuries wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:33 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:18 pm Tools, nuts and bolts, nails, loose assorted ammo, pocket change, small Victrola parts, automotive fuses, Tire valves, just some of the things old spam cans are being used for around here. I also store things in the wood crates the sets of spam cans came in, at least the crates that do not currently contain full spam cans.
True that is what every normal mechanic/tinkerer does. My grandfather had coffee cans and peanut cans full of stuff in his basement workshop. Damn if that man didn't know what was in what can, and where that can was. He send you down there with exact directions where to find something.

He even had a coffee can that he kept his chewing tobacco, cigarettes and cigars in.
I use US ammo cans for the cigars and pipe tobacco. They seal up air tight.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

In Texas that plate on the front would get you a ticket but it does look cool. [emoji3]
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

bunkysdad wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:22 am In Texas that plate on the front would get you a ticket but it does look cool. [emoji3]
Don't know where the guy who did it lives, but we could also get away with it in Florida.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

bunkysdad wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:22 am In Texas that plate on the front would get you a ticket but it does look cool. [emoji3]
We haven't had front plates here in Alberta since the early 80s. :thumbsup:
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

I just removed mine after 2 years from the front of my truck and nailed it up in the garage. Never had a single person ask me what it's about.
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

That is actually pretty cool and creative! :thumbsup:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Jbob wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:48 pm I just removed mine after 2 years from the front of my truck and nailed it up in the garage. Never had a single person ask me what it's about.
My second one has been on the black truck 4 yrs, not faded yet. Maybe 10 people have asked, a few guys have pointed, :shifty: some woke people think I was a CIA op in USSR.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
bogozzo

Post by bogozzo »

Too many empty cans' to deal with, now they just go into the metal recycling bin. BUT - my wife uses the wooden cases for gardening, garage shelves, camping boxes. There were some Romanian cases a while ago with rope handles, hinges and a latch. I use those to store stuff at the farm.
ditchtiger

Post by ditchtiger »

I am so going to do this! Did a check, my "62 Chevy II" as an antique only needs a rear plate.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

ditchtiger wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:08 pm I am so going to do this! Did a check, my "62 Chevy II" as an antique only needs a rear plate.
Remember to post pictures or it didn't happen.......
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

ffuries wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:16 pm
ditchtiger wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:08 pm I am so going to do this! Did a check, my "62 Chevy II" as an antique only needs a rear plate.
Remember to post pictures or it didn't happen.......
My hunting car proudly wears his new plate, salvaged from the ol black Nissan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"