Winchester Mod. 90 22 WRF

Rim Fire Firearms
steelbuttplate

Winchester Mod. 90 22 WRF

Post by steelbuttplate »

I paid for this one, but not as much as its worth. The real kicker was 2000 rounds of 22 WRF, still plastic wrapped in bricks came with it.. 24 " barrel, made around 1919. Anybody got a guess at the rarity of these ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Winchester Mod. 90 22 WRF

Post by bunkysdad »

That’s incredible. Looks like it is still new. Was it restored? It’s beautiful. How old is the 22 WRF ammo that came with it? I know that the ammo is currently being produced by Winchester I believe.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Nice rifle. My local shop had 2 of those a couple of weeks ago. One in .22WRF like yours, and a .22 short model. I think the one similar to yours was around $880. I have one that was in .22 short, but my grandfather reamed it out to .22lr. I also refinished it when I was about 13. Young Bubba. It has nice wood.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13031
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: I would have paid for that one also.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

bunkysdad wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:20 pm That’s incredible. Looks like it is still new. Was it restored? It’s beautiful. How old is the 22 WRF ammo that came with it? I know that the ammo is currently being produced by Winchester I believe.
Winchester made a special run of ammo for these in '94. This is all that lot and like new, never unpacked. When you get in the sunlight the barrel is starting to get a little brown patina, I think it's original. The checkering on the hammer shows no wear. Somebody in East TN owned it 50 yrs. and never took it out of a bag except to clean it, so the story goes.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

steelbuttplate wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:18 am
bunkysdad wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:20 pm That’s incredible. Looks like it is still new. Was it restored? It’s beautiful. How old is the 22 WRF ammo that came with it? I know that the ammo is currently being produced by Winchester I believe.
Winchester made a special run of ammo for these in '94. This is all that lot and like new, never unpacked. When you get in the sunlight the barrel is starting to get a little brown patina, I think it's original. The checkering on the hammer shows no wear. Somebody in East TN owned it 50 yrs. and never took it out of a bag except to clean it, so the story goes.
The rifle had never been sighted in, hitting 5 inches low and two left at 50 yd. That tells me a little more about how much use it's had.