CMP M1 Garand

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Boi1901

CMP M1 Garand

Post by Boi1901 »

I recently ordered a M1 Garand from the CMP (RM1SERVICE) and I wanted to know how long it took for other people who ordered them took.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CMP M1 Garand

Post by Longcolt44 »

Mine came in about 2 weeks.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
House Beagle

Post by House Beagle »

I ordered an IHC service grade from them in October of 2020 and it took just short of a month.
Boi1901

Post by Boi1901 »

Longcolt44, When did you order it?
Boi1901

Post by Boi1901 »

Longcolt44 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:01 pm Mine came in about 2 weeks.
Longcolt44, When did you order it?
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I don't remember the exact date but I remember it didn't take that long to get it.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I ordered one today Apr. 1. I think the website said could take 10-12 weeks. We shall see. I wonder if there is anymore to come in from anywhere. They are on the last category , Service grade is allthats left, the rest are sold out. If there aren't more in other countries, I guess that's all from CMP. The price just went up on the open market.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Everything seems delayed longer than usual from the CMP. I know someone that ordered ammo four months ago, and they are still waiting. I think they were closing down some of the stores, and moving a lot of inventory to Alabama recently. I may be mistaken.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I can't find it now but I read a memo from the CMP explaining things. Covid hit them hard and they closed down both stores for some time. Due to that backup, they got behind sorting out the different models. They originally got 50,000 in the batch from the Philippines and they have in no way sold out on those. They would have had to rebuild and sell right at 2000 a month over the last 2 years, not counting the shutdown.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

They were shut down 7 weeks and sounds like they still haven't opened the stores. They are trying to fill backorders by mail before they reopen, is what their message says. I'm waiting on a service grade, should be pretty nice.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Longcolt44 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:01 pm Mine came in about 2 weeks.
Do you get an email notice to expect shipment ?
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

That was over 2 years ago, I'm old and can't remember.
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

On a recent cmp M1, I did receive an email with shipping details, but it was an email directly from Fedex as I recall.
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

are these shipped directly to the buyer ???
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

@tomaustin, Yes, as opposed to the CMP 1911 which ships ONLY to a FFL01 or etc. If you submit the proper paperwork and otherwise qualify for a M1 they will ship it to your front door. Check out CMPs website for details!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:14 am I ordered one today Apr. 1. I think the website said could take 10-12 weeks. We shall see. I wonder if there is anymore to come in from anywhere. They are on the last category , Service grade is allthats left, the rest are sold out. If there aren't more in other countries, I guess that's all from CMP. The price just went up on the open market.
It's been 6 weeks, no word on my service grade M1. The website says sold out May 6. They are now offering field grades, that's all.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:facepalm2: :roll: :?: :post_r: no they won't send it. <wifemad> well hell.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:01 am :facepalm2: :roll: :?: :post_r: no they won't send it. <wifemad> well hell.
:furious: Ordered Apr.01, still not got it. The suspense is crippling, I've lost 20 lbs., had nightmares about getting a piece of rust wrapped in walnut. I want my damn rifle you turdpackers.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Of the five orders I've done my four most recent orders (2018) came within 5 or 6 weeks. My first one (2011) took 3 months and when I placed the order the estimate was 6 months.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tack on the shutdowns, and CMP was likely shut down tight, and the shipping delays, all the fun parts of Pandemic living and you will be lucky to see that rifle by Halloween.....2024.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt