Watching them Babies

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
steelbuttplate

Watching them Babies

Post by steelbuttplate »

Has anybody been watching auction sites for what M1 carbines are selling for. I've got 5 saved, they are all around a grand with 5-6 days to go. :brows: My only baby not fo sale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Watching them Babies

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No, has to be two or three grand each in a world were a 91/30 refurb is bringing 600 or more. Or a box of shotshells brings two hundred.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Holy crap I paid $734 taxes in, might have to get an other. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

What is that in US dollars? Just the other day one of my customers was bitching that he wanted a carbine, but everyone he found was over a grand. He was thinking 400-500, I was thinking shit in one hand, wish in the other..........
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Sonny wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:56 am Holy crap I paid $734 taxes in, might have to get an other. :thumbsup:
Meet me at border, full moon, bring war babes an I bring much wampum, whiskey and women for you. :shifty:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:12 pm
Sonny wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:56 am Holy crap I paid $734 taxes in, might have to get an other. :thumbsup:
Meet me at border, full moon, bring war babes an I bring much wampum, whiskey and women for you. :shifty:
I wonder who will handle the cavity searches more professionally, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or the US Border Patrol?
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:33 pm
I wonder who will handle the cavity searches more professionally, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or the US Border Patrol?
That Sir is something I don't want to find out. :beek:
bogozzo

Post by bogozzo »

So for converted $ lets say around $590 US. Prices may be depressed here because of Liberal Govt moves to ban vast swaths of semi autos.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

bogozzo wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:44 pm So for converted $ lets say around $590 US. Prices may be depressed here because of Liberal Govt moves to ban vast swaths of semi autos.
M1's are not on the list, Carbines or Garands. Also the SKS is not on the list but have you seen the price of those Lately? :shock:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sonny wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:43 pm
bogozzo wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:44 pm So for converted $ lets say around $590 US. Prices may be depressed here because of Liberal Govt moves to ban vast swaths of semi autos.
M1's are not on the list, Carbines or Garands. Also the SKS is not on the list but have you seen the price of those Lately? :shock:
Fifty bucks?
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:39 pm
Fifty bucks?
Just a few years ago we could buy one at Cabelas for $199CDN.. Now they are going for $499 for a plain jane wood stock and up to $600 for a laminate.

It's getting crazy up here, even SVT 40's are going for $1200 and up. :o
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sonny wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:07 pm
Fifty bucks?
Just a few years ago we could buy one at Cabelas for $199CDN.. Now they are going for $499 for a plain jane wood stock and up to $600 for a laminate.

Someone bought a box of 25 birdshot shells for $200 a couple weeks back , and he doesn't even own a gun. Friend of ours reporting the actions of a coworker on the RR down in the city. Crazy is all around us, and likely to get worse with the politicians vomiting shit about more gun control.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

We have several M1 carbines for sale at the shop none under $1500. We just sold and all original Inland Paratrooper for $3200.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:46 pm
Sonny wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:07 pm
Fifty bucks?

Someone bought a box of 25 birdshot shells for $200 a couple weeks back , and he doesn't even own a gun. Friend of ours reporting the actions of a coworker on the RR down in the city. Crazy is all around us, and likely to get worse with the politicians vomiting shit about more gun control.
This made me think of you JYD. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

The M1 Carbine is about the only thing left on my wish list to purchase. Just watched them jump from the starting price of about $1,400 to double that with the last craze going on. Looking again this week and they've come back down slightly so there's maybe some hope yet. I have never understood why they're so expensive and the price just keeps climbing.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Jbob wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:56 am The M1 Carbine is about the only thing left on my wish list to purchase. Just watched them jump from the starting price of about $1,400 to double that with the last craze going on. Looking again this week and they've come back down slightly so there's maybe some hope yet. I have never understood why they're so expensive and the price just keeps climbing.
These have to be the most popular US milsurp in history. I know more GI's who sneaked these home than any other type of rifle. They were producing these for the commercial market as early as the 1950's , first out of leftover GI parts, and later making them new. No other milsurp that isn't a 1911 can make that claim. This is the US milsurp that anyone can shoot, little kids, grandma, anyone can shoot this, easy as a .22. These have never been cheap, and never will be.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Longcolt44 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:23 pm We have several M1 carbines for sale at the shop none under $1500. We just sold and all original Inland Paratrooper for $3200.
I may have to contact you once I get all my pennies saved. Your not to far across the river from me. I've picked up used tractor parts all around your area.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Jbob wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:23 am
Longcolt44 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:23 pm We have several M1 carbines for sale at the shop none under $1500. We just sold and all original Inland Paratrooper for $3200.
I may have to contact you once I get all my pennies saved. Your not to far across the river from me. I've picked up used tractor parts all around your area.
Save them up and come on down.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I've got a buddy who bought a collection from a widow today, he rolled back a blanket and there lay SIX war babies. Two Inland para, a rockola, Irwin Peterson, a Winchester and a Saganaw. :Drool1: He is going back for a pistol haul , has seen broom handles, Lugers, Tokarev, already. I'll be posting some of the carbines on here for sale later. I'm not saying anything about the 1897 Winchester 12. I'll post it when it's mine. :shifty:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:33 pm
Since they have to be careful, it may be all of them.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum