Nice surprise

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
SA1911a1

Nice surprise

Post by SA1911a1 »

My son owns a Tattoo business and had done well over the years until the virus kicked in and threw a wrench into the business. He and his partner have been struggling to keep it together. My son was driving what I considered to be a widow-maker 35 miles to work every day, so late last year I told, him, "look son, I am not going anywhere with this virus crap around, we have a perfectly good car for Mom and I to drive so take my truck until you can do better and park that deathtrap. It took some convincing, but he did. His business is coming back to life, he arranged for better transportation, so he brought my truck back early this week. Fulled to the brim, freshly serviced and detailed. As he was leaving he told me, "Hey, Dad, I left something for you in the glove compartment as a thank you." I opened up the glove and found this inside. It is no collector's dream, it has fallen on some hard times, but it is a WWII vintage piece with all of the correct parts, including magazine. Some asshat had blued the frame at one time, and milled some shallow dimples into it, probably to mount some kind of super-duper optic. It doesn't matter to me, this will be one of my favorite pieces in my modest collection because what it represents between my son and I, more than what it is. I don't have a lot of money, but I am a very rich man.

We did break out some of my hidden .45 stash and aired it out, and it shot like a dream.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Re: Nice surprise

Post by Sonny »

Nice. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Now that's awesome! Glad to see your son's business is on the rebound! I'll bet you're as proud as a peacock of him.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Awesome!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice and in great shape too.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!