Single shot Remington 1918 Mosin Nagant

Post your model specific Mosin here!
StratosBass

Single shot Remington 1918 Mosin Nagant

Post by StratosBass »

Have been looking for any Mosin Nagant similar to the single shot rifle my 93 year old grandpa gave to me from his time serving in WW2. Bolt and Barrel serials match 86801. Anyone know more about the origins or history of this rifle?
0877D350-FB63-41A3-9AF7-DFF84E1064F7.jpeg
2EB5191E-1B9F-40E0-A8FD-E8FE433D7943.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
racerguy00

Re: Single shot Remington 1918 Mosin Nagant

Post by racerguy00 »

Japan acquired a fairly large number of Remington m91s from a train or train cars that were left behind after the American expedition in support of the White Russian forces during the Russian Civil War. Some of these were turned into single shot trainers by the Japanese and in turn were brought home by US occupation troops at the end of WW2. pretty uncommon and worth a decent amount to collectors. Depending on condition Ive seen them sell for 500 to over 1k but not recently.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
StratosBass

Re: Single shot Remington 1918 Mosin Nagant

Post by StratosBass »

Thanks for the info. It’s my first Mosin nagant so I was having trouble finding pictures or info on like rifles. It’s definitely a nice part of history. The Navy sailors on my grandpas destroyer were able to keep whatever they wanted from the Japanese weapons caches so he made a pine box and shipped it back stateside along with a couple other rifles, bayonets, and katana. The rest of the weapons they pushed overboard into the ocean 😬